May 8th @ Royals

mdterps4life25

Is that what's going on? Because Joe Angel is clueless.

Ramon's backswing momentum put him slightly in the way of the catcher. The catcher stepped forward more than he had to, really, and made contact with Ramon incidentally. Had their been an actual play at second, it would have been interference on a BS technicality.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The catcher made contact with him, that's total BS.

If Ramon is in the batter's box, he can get in the way all he wants. If he's not in the box, he can't. Ramon had stepped towards (maybe on) the plate, he was out of the box. Doesn't matter what he meant to do, just matters what he did. So, the ump's call was the right one.

However, doesn't matter because Payton went back, so there was no play on the throw. Wonder if that's why he went back? If so, that's a tremendously brainy thing to do.

If Ramon is in the batter's box, he can get in the way all he wants. If he's not in the box, he can't. Ramon had stepped towards (maybe on) the plate, he was out of the box. Doesn't matter what he meant to do, just matters what he did. So, the ump's call was the right one.

However, doesn't matter because Payton went back, so there was no play on the throw. Wonder if that's why he went back? If so, that's a tremendously brainy thing to do.

I think Payton went back because he was a dead duck.

I think he was in the box, feet wise anyway. His body was leaned around from the momentum.

Maybe one foot was out of the box, maybe. I still think it would have been a technicality BS type thing.

By the way, I'd still like an answer ont his:

So, I just started watching (lots of regular shows I wanted to watch tonight). Has Thorne said "Hey, that's Freddy Bynum" on pretty much every play he's made? Because, if so, not only is that awesome, I think he should do it for as long as Bynum is out there.

Archived