May 8th @ Royals

mdterps4life25

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to be clear, so I don't violate anyone's sensibilities, is it Millar (the bum), a parenthetical, or Millar, the bum, an apositive?

What's the convention?

Good question. Depends on the sentence, I suppose...

Also, just to be clear, I like the guy. A while ago, back when everybody was hating on him (right before they switched back to LH), I just decided to call him a bum until he snaps out of it and gets back to his normal self.

Millar was on first due to an error by Gordon...

Figures. A bum like him wouldn't get a real hit...

DCab has only thrown a few sliders tonight. He is getting most of his outs on his fastball alone. I don't think he's thrown a single changeup or curve yet...

He has thrown curveballs, I think gameday just recognizes them as sliders because of the high velocity and sharp break.

He has thrown curveballs, I think gameday just recognizes them as sliders because of the high velocity and sharp break.

Ok, thanks for the info. I thought it would be strange he'd only throw fastballs and sliders. But still only two batters have seen his breaking pitches...

Ronnie sure is a dillweed. :)

And Hell sure is Joe Morgan chatting.

Thing is with Joe Morgan's color is that every hit, and I mean EVERY hit, is due to a mistake by the pitcher. Most likely, he got the pitch up, even if the replay clearly shows the pitch down. Sometimes, Joe, good pitches get hit. That's what I like about Palmer's commentary so much. He rolls with every play instead of following some script.

Archived