Hate Saying This, But It Is Looking Like The Orioles Could Be The Odd Team Out.

ORIOLE33

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm officially worried about our chances to make the playoffs. You can't continue to rely on winning games in the 7th, 8th and 9th. I would like to see this team do a little more damage in the first 6 innings.

Why are you acting as if the way the Orioles normally win games is through late-inning comebacks? They win the majority of their games against starting pitchers. Until the SF comeback, all six of the Orioles' wins in August had come against starting pitchers, including Darvish and Hamels. In July, 8 of their 12 wins were against starters.

My main worry is the team had a losing July and they're having a mediocre August. The team is having issues scoring runs against starters. Major concern.

That's basically it, at the midpoint, the Orioles had an oppotunity to run away with the division while Toronto and Boston strugled. Instead, the O's have played .500 ball since then, while Boston and Toronto, slowly but surely, have heated up, as many predicted they would eventually. If this team can't find a second wind in September (Showalter teams tend to), they will not be able to keep up with Tor and Bos.

Why are you acting as if the way the Orioles normally win games is through late-inning comebacks? They win the majority of their games against starting pitchers. Until the SF comeback, all six of the Orioles' wins in August had come against starting pitchers, including Darvish and Hamels. In July, 8 of their 12 wins were against starters.

This team wins a lot of games in the later innings. I know at one time, maybe they still do, led the league in late inning comebacks. That's good to a certain degree. I don't know if you can win like that in the long run.

The team looks very tired. Very poor body language. I think they may be done.

Interesting observation. They do look very tired. I'm wondering if they just need to catch their breath and get the second wind. This is an extremely talented - if uneven - roster. I think we're going to get hot again and finish the year strong, personally.

Why? Because of our leadership: starting with Buck, but including Jones, Tillman, Hardy, Davis, and Manny and some others.

Yes, our rotation is not as good as Toronto or Boston. No question. But we should be able to mash with them and get back to the formula that was working so well. Game starting pitching, great offense, superlative bullpen.

I predict we will finish the season with 83 to 86 wins and most likely miss the playoffs, possibly sliding into a tie for the second wildcard but will get eliminated no later than the ALDS. Basically, we'll have played a losing season after our fluke 7-0 start. This team is too easily derailed into long, long offensive slumps by nonsense like stomach flu, tough schedules, and getting tired. Other teams have to deal with that stuff too, but it doesn't affect them nearly as badly as it does the O's. We were never that good anyway; we just got lucky for a while.

Someone in the team management needs to take an honest look at the roster

and admit that this team aint going to the playoffs

and please shut down Tillman and Bundy before they sustain injuries that carry into next year

Ubaldo back into the starting rotation. Yeah!

Someone in the team management needs to take an honest look at the roster

and admit that this team aint going to the playoffs

and please shut down Tillman and Bundy before they sustain injuries that carry into next year

Ubaldo back into the starting rotation. Yeah!

Yeah let's shut guys down when we were tied in loss column in division just today.

Archived