May 10 @ Kansas City

baltosravns2110

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look good to me. At least Olson didn't have to go out and start an inning like Burres did in Chicago. I'm still a little upset about that. Have things changed over the years where MLB no longer wants to have to make teams play double headers? It seems like they are always trying to squeeze in games when the weather just wont allow them to be played. I guess this is a different situation where the O's won't visit KC the rest of the year.

Doesn't look good to me. At least Olson didn't have to go out and start an inning like Burres did in Chicago. I'm still a little upset about that. Have things changed over the years where MLB no longer wants to have to make teams play double headers? It seems like they are always trying to squeeze in games when the weather just wont allow them to be played. I guess this is a different situation where the O's won't visit KC the rest of the year.

I dunno, to me it looks like the thunderstorms are just over KC now, and they will be gone in a half hour or so.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/map/interactive/USMO0460?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

I dunno, to me it looks like the thunderstorms are just over KC now, and they will be gone in a half hour or so.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/map/interactive/USMO0460?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

I agree, we should definately be able to get this game in, but why did the umps even start it in the first place? seems like a really foolish thing to do to me. Tomko cannot be happy, but at least Olson has not thrown a pitch yet, however he will have to warm up again.

Well the Chicago trip was the only time the Orioles went to Chicago to play the White Sox, so they were trying to get the scheduled game in there instead of brining them back at a later time.

Why are you upset about Olson. It didnt matter. He was just fine the next day.

I loved the top-of-the-hour update. Thorne and Buck viewed live doppler radar maps, and Thorne, after a comment from Buck about windows to play the game, replied, "I've got your window right here." Hilarious and priceless--almost as timeless as Kevin Millar telling Amber Theoharis he's a pimp. :D

Archived