Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sellout for Boston series!

Not even close. Got the whole Upper Deck. 20,000 or more.No way the Orioles tickets are more then the Red Sox.The cheapest field box during the season is $110.00. The field box tonight is $72.00

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/ticket_pricing.jsp

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/ticketing/pricing.jsp?c_id=bal&layout=gameflow

The upper box seats surrounding the infield are great seats. Beyond that, upper deck, while cheap isn't that great of a seat. Especially not when the rest of those sections are more empty than not. The sight lines are fine, but the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. A lot of fans I know aren't interested in paying for that when they can have a better seat and view on their couch - to say nothing of concession/beer prices.

Again. I'd have to disagree. Being there is everything. I like to be here when I can.

This is exactly what I was getting at in my original post in this thread. A lot of people would much rather watch the game in the comfort of their own living room with their own beer and their own food instead of dropping ~50 bucks a head for those same things to sit in the upper deck with a much worse few of the action.

I think beer/concession prices play more of a factor than most people give it credit for - at least for the young adult crowd. As you said, I can sit on my couch and drink a beer that cost me ~$1-2 and have an entire meal for less than $10. I don't know about you, but I like to drink a few beers while watching a baseball game - and I absolutely hate paying $30-40-50 to do so.

For me this comes down to a matter of principal. I take $8-9 beers as a huge middle finger directed at the fans - even though that is the way of things at stadium events.

Again. I'd have to disagree. Being there is everything. I like to be here when I can.

I like going to the stadium as much as the next guy. I attend regularly every year - although a little less this year than typical. Still, I have no desire to sit upper deck when the sections are routinely 75% empty, or more. The atmosphere is lacking up there. Now if there is a good sized crowd and the section has a decent crowd, then sure I will happily sit up there. Going to the ball park, for me, is about the atmosphere. Empty upper deck is severely lacking in that department.

I like going to the stadium as much as the next guy. I attend regularly every year - although a little less this year than typical. Still, I have no desire to sit upper deck when the sections are routinely 75% empty, or more. The atmosphere is lacking up there. Now if there is a good sized crowd and the section has a decent crowd, then sure I will happily sit up there. Going to the ball park, for me, is about the atmosphere. Empty upper deck is severely lacking in that department.

You would have pretty empty sections tonight.

Remember the genius marketing people who after the Orioles had a winning season decided to do away with 13 game plans. Make everyone buy 20 game plans. That blew up in their faces and had to reinstate 13 game plans. i know that pissed some people off and they decided to just get tickets on Stubhub. The money making try backfired.

As one of the county folk, I will tell you that I agree with some of what you posted here and some of it I do not. I will just say this: The team is located in Baltimore yet relies very heavily (mostly) on fans from outside of the city for attendance. By "face count" you can see that there is not a true representation of Baltimore in the stands, so the perception of the county folk is really the only reality that matters. Unfortunately their perception of the Orioles is lacking for many reasons. I do hope the Baltimore Orioles in conjunction with Baltimore City and the State of Maryland really try to reach out to the county folk in 2017, or this team's days may be numbered in Baltimore City.

That is just ridiculous. The team is not moving out of the city any time soon.

The team has always relied on the larger metro area - as MOST teams do, to fill seats. And for crap sake, go back in time and look at average attendance for the team during the supposed "golden years," and realize that an average night in the 70's at Memorial is roughly equal to a bad night at Camden. And that is with greater suburbanization and population decline.

Baltimore attractions in general have taken a hit given the unpleasantness of the last year. I could go on to say how homeownership in the area is still increasing, and housing proces and rent prices by and large are still going up despite the issues. Which all tell me that this year is an anomaly the playoffs will be fine.

There are many reasons that fans are not going to the games. I was there on Saturday night and I see no need to go back again this year. I have been an Orioles fan since 1965 and live in Pennsylvania. It's not easy to make the trip and it certainly isn't cheap. My wife and I ate before we went in and still paid over $100 for the trip. A friend of my wife told her her son was mugged for his cell phone on the train going home to Timonium just last week so the safety factor is always an issue. The number of homeless people begging for money and becoming more insistent is becoming worse every time we come to Baltimore. Then there is the fans. We were in section 64, row 8 and the fans were either too drunk to even know the score or too concerned about starting a wave than cheering for the team to come back. If a foul ball would have been hit into our section, people would have been killed without even seeing it coming. The weather was good this weekend but it was raining early in the season and deathly hot in the last two months. Why should you pay $200, put up with idiot unconcerned fans and sweat to death when you can sit in comfort at home and watch your team.

These homeless saved lives:

The mayor said Monday that two homeless men found the explosives. Thinking there would be something valuable in the backpack, they opened it ? but found what appeared to be explosive devices and reported it to the police.

Remember the genius marketing people who after the Orioles had a winning season decided to do away with 13 game plans. Make everyone buy 20 game plans. That blew up in their faces and had to reinstate 13 game plans. i know that pissed some people off and they decided to just get tickets on Stubhub. The money making try backfired.

Yeah that was a massive mistake at the hands of the club.

And just a few posts ago you have someone complaining that it cost them 100 bucks for tickets. Most people don't know how to do it cheaply.

Depends where you wanna sit too. I always wait till last minute to buy tickets either from scalper or Stub hub. Manny Bobblehead game was an outlier obviously. Yes tickets on secondary market will almost always be cheaper for regular season game. The problem is Orioles fans are selling tickets to Orioles fans and Red Sox fans that are already sold. So that doesn't really increase attendance all that much.

Depends where you wanna sit too. I always wait till last minute to buy tickets either from scalper or Stub hub. Manny Bobblehead game was an outlier obviously. Yes tickets on secondary market will almost always be cheaper for regular season game. The problem is Orioles fans are selling tickets to Orioles fans that are already sold. So that doesn't really increase attendance all that much.

I buy mine from the club. My season ticket plan allows me to buy great seats for 15 or 22 dollars. Anytime I want practically.

As am I. I've been to at least 20 games this season. I don't think it's terribly expensive but there was an increase that I know people tighter on funds were not excited about. I know several friends who don't go because of the cost of taking their family to the game.

Down grading the seat location is always an option when times get tough. There are always cheap seats to be had and friendly ushers who will upgrade you if the place is not too crowded.

Archived