The "What's Going on in this Baseball Picture" Thread

DrungoHazewood

No, I'll have to check it out.

Here's a little easier photo. I'm a sucker for unusual ballparks. Probably can't discern score or inning, but date, place, and background shouldn't be too hard (especially if you look at url, so don't!):

2008-Coliseum-Game.jpg

Is that in Australia? Opening day last year or something?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sent me off on a wild goose chase.

Took me almost four minutes to disprove a guess.

Haha. I tried not to give too obvious a hint, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those hints that actually makes the question harder to answer.

What was your guess?

April 12th 2003.
It's possible if it's not Olympic Stadium that it's Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan. April 12 was played in San Juan, and Alomar scored a run in that game, top of the 7th, Ty Wigginton batting, E3.

You are both very close. This play was indeed at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in Puerto Rico in 2003. But it wasn't actually on April 12.

You are both very close. This play was indeed at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in Puerto Rico in 2003. But it wasn't actually on April 12.

We know it isn't the 11th since Barrett didn't play that game.

Looking at the game logs the 12th is the only game Alomar scored a run in, are you saying he is out in that picture?

We know it isn't the 11th since Barrett didn't play that game.

Looking at the game logs the 12th is the only game Alomar scored a run in, are you saying he is out in that picture?

Yep. Though I agree from the players' positioning alone it does look like he could have been safe.

Archived