Playing the long game, what's the post-AJ plan for CF?

FanSince88

I don't think the organization is planning much beyond 2018, or even 2017 for that matter. In addition of CF, my other big concern is SS/3B after JJ. Even if Manny moves to SS that just exposes a hole at 3B. I guess the plan would be to cross that bridge when we get there. It's possible that the replacement for AJ comes from trading AJ.

LOL, AJ has a no trade clause and qualifies for it contract and years of service.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xavier Avery may have been in the conversation five years ago. He's nothing more than an organizational player at this point.

In our system I would look at Austin Hays and Cedric Mullens who will both likely start in Frederick next season. They could be in the picture in two or three years.

Along with Adam Jones, other FA center fielders in 2019 include Andrew McCutcheon, AJ Pollock, Charlie Blackmon, and Leonys Martin.

Mullens seems like the best bet, because it sounds like Hays is more of a corner OFer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go hard after Pollock. San Diego's a bit of a disaster, and he'll be 30/31, so he should be affordable. Actually, I'm guessing SD trades him before he becomes a free agent.

Mullens seems like the best bet, because it sounds like Hays is more of a corner OFer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go hard after Pollock. San Diego's a bit of a disaster, and he'll be 30/31, so he should be affordable. Actually, I'm guessing SD trades him before he becomes a free agent.

Arizona that is - not SD.

Not at this point - with the way Mr. Duquette has pillaged the O's farm system. We don't have a centerpiece prospect for a trade like that.

Pillaged the farm system? What great position players has he traded away? And Bundy and Gausman the best pitching prospects are with the team now winning games.

Pillaged the farm system? What great position players has he traded away? And Bundy and Gausman the best pitching prospects are with the team now winning games.

Mainly pitchers; not position players. And if the O's hadn't traded a bunch of pitchers, we wouldn't be depending on expensively bad pitchers like Miley and Gallardo. Since you asked, I'll go over the list:

Josh Hader and a Competitive Balance pick (turned out to be 37th overall) for Bud Norris.

Eduardo Rodriquez for Andrew Miller.

Zach Davies for Gerrardo Parra.

Steven Brault and Stephen Tarpley for Travis Snyder.

Nick Delmonico for Francisco Rodriquez.

DFA'ing Ashur Tolliver to make room for Kyle Lobstein.

Wade Miley for Ariel Miranda.

And since Arrieta was pitching like a minor leaguer at the time of the trade, Arrieta and Strop for Scott Feldman and Clevenger.

Excuse me while I throw up.

Worth pointing out is the play Adam Jones did not make in the 7th today probably cost us the game.

I think that is a play that an average centerfielder makes and someone like Kiermaier makes it look routine. He did not seem to get a good read on it (was not in full sprint to the location of the ball) and then he tried to pull off a basket catch in a situation where a normal back hand would have been a better choice.

We have a really bad OF defensively at this point, which I think needs to be addressed in the offseason. Adam is below average in center and our problems in the corners go without saying.

Archived