This I know: Swept Away in Boston

Todd-O

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Os should just forfeit. Why even play the game? It is obvious the Red Sox have better players at every position, even ball girl.

In fact, let's just forfeit the entire season. It's clear the Os can only win games against sub-.500 teams, and there are only a few of those games left, so it would be best just to pack up and prepare for spring training now.

And while were at it, I think the Os should trade every player this off season. They all stink. Fire Buck, too.

This all falls in the lap of DD. Shopping at Big Lots for pitchers isn't the answer. Ubaldo, Miley, Worley, Gallardo... Those players can't be on a WS wining team.

Yes they can. It will happen if the O's go to the WS. Well maybe Miley shouldn't. Who would you suggest they use?

Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet. Tell me the luckiest teams in baseball and then the least luckiest.

There are plenty of pitchers who have had awful luck compared to their peripherals. Obviously worse pitchers usually are in a position to give up more runs if they get unlucky since there liable to be more men on base and their probably more prone to the HR ball. But that doesn't mean back of the rotation starters don't get unlucky of course. Miley has pitched poorly but he's been screwed badly by his defense at the same time. That part, the defense is not his fault. Another aspect (and I'm using this more generally, not solely for Miley) is balls not hit hard finding holes through the infield or blooping it into the outfield etc. That is something that hits every starter in MLB in varying amounts. A lot of that is luck of course. Yes, TOR can limit these more often due to higher a K/9. But were not comparing Miley to that. A back of the rrotation starter can make good pitches and a bloop there, and seeing eye single and all of a sudden he's in trouble. Just for the record I'm not endorsing Miley to continuing starting, bad luck aside he's still been bad.

Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet. Tell me the luckiest teams in baseball and then the least luckiest.

Teams generally have a record similar to their Pythagorean, give or take a few games there. Then there are true outliers, teams like the 2012 Orioles who went 29-9 in 1 run games. The bullpen was good but no bullpen is that good. Not to degrade them but there's a sizable amount of luck involved there. Another example is the 2016 Texas Rangers, who stand at 31-10 in 1 run games, almost as good as the 2012 O's mark. Their bullpen was horrendous, yet amazingly they had things break their way just enough in the majority of those games that they were able to hold on to. Fortunately for Texas, in the 2nd half they fixed their bullpen and are now a complete team to be reckoned with.

There's no luck in baseball. You make your own luck.

The Orioles made their own luck in Fenway Park in this series ....... just like they made their own luck against the Tigers in Detroit before that ........ and just like they made their own luck against the Rays in Tampa Bay before that ........ and just like they made their own luck against the Yankees in Baltimore before that.

Orioles aren't in the same Galaxy as the Red Sox right now. The pitching is going to be brutalized this entire series.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I love posts like this after a solid and an amazing start! You might be on to something here with you Firestone like reverse jinx!

For the first time all season, I honestly have no desire to watch the Orioles. The Red Sox are way out of their league, and its embarrassing to watch.

Honest question - are you enjoying this season at all? Every post I see of yours is extremely negative towards the team.

I'm all for calling out this team when they play poorly and God knows they've earned my ire a lot in 2016, but you seem to point out the negative and go silent when we play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was clearly the most fluky thing every. O's will get demolished in their next series with the Sox. It will be a beating so bad that the O's will have Dr. Andrews at the stadium in their dugout. Save your money and time and don't watch. The O's have no shot.

Archived