This looks like the Wildcard race.

weams

Wild Card Teams W L PCT WCGB WCE # L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME

Baltimore 81 66 .551 - - 6-4 W1 9/16 vs TB, W 5-4 9/17 vs TB, 7:05 PM

Toronto 81 66 .551 - - 4-6 W2 9/16 @ LAA, W 5-0 9/17 @ LAA, 9:05 PM

Detroit 78 69 .531 3.0 13 3-7 L2 9/16 @ CLE, L 4-11 9/17 @ CLE, 4:10 PM

Seattle 78 69 .531 3.0 13 8-2 L1 9/16 vs HOU, L 0-6 9/17 vs HOU, 9:10 PM

Just a few days ago, Buster and Keith Law were talking about the possibility of no AL East Wild card teams just because they were beating each other up. That Detroit and Seattle were primed to take over Baltimore and Toronto because of their easy schedule. It still might be possible, but the gap between BAL and TOR and the contenders is growing, not shrinking.

Not knowing the wild card rules all that well... does anybody know who we'd play if the playoffs started today? From what I can gather, we would play a one-game elimination against Toronto?

I'm not sure how our record versus Toronto looks this year, but whoever has the advantage there would host the game... Or am I totally off?

Just curious. This is going to get very, very interesting.

Not knowing the wild card rules all that well... does anybody know who we'd play if the playoffs started today? From what I can gather, we would play a one-game elimination against Toronto?

I'm not sure how our record versus Toronto looks this year, but whoever has the advantage there would host the game... Or am I totally off?

Just curious. This is going to get very, very interesting.

Correct, TOR has the advantage head to head which means they would host the WC game. Of course that could change since we still have 1 more series with TOR, we'd have to sweep them though.

Wild Card Teams W L PCT WCGB WCE # L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME

Baltimore 81 66 .551 - - 6-4 W1 9/16 vs TB, W 5-4 9/17 vs TB, 7:05 PM

Toronto 81 66 .551 - - 4-6 W2 9/16 @ LAA, W 5-0 9/17 @ LAA, 9:05 PM

Detroit 78 69 .531 3.0 13 3-7 L2 9/16 @ CLE, L 4-11 9/17 @ CLE, 4:10 PM

Seattle 78 69 .531 3.0 13 8-2 L1 9/16 vs HOU, L 0-6 9/17 vs HOU, 9:10 PM

Weams I am still hoping the O's win the East. Yanks beat the BoSox two of three and the O's take care of the Rays. But if not I'd be happy with a WC for the O's.

Correct' date=' TOR has the advantage head to head which means they would host the WC game. Of course that could change since we still have 1 more series with TOR, we'd have to sweep them though.[/quote']

Thanks for clarifying. That's nuts. The AL East could be sending THREE teams to the playoffs. All I know: If they bring the playoffs to Baltimore, I'm going and I'm going to wear a foam crab hat and scream like an idiot.

Correct' date=' TOR has the advantage head to head which means they would host the WC game. Of course that could change since we still have 1 more series with TOR, we'd have to sweep them though.[/quote']

Are you saying TOR would host the wildcard game even if we have a better overall record ?

Archived