2017 Starting rotation

Diehard_O's_Fan

We all know that Tillman, Gausman, Bundy and Ubaldo will be in next year's rotation. Is there any chance the Orioles get rid of Miley and Gallardo in the off season? I would like to see both of them go. The Orioles need to find another starter obviously rather than relying on their bullpen so much. Can you imagine how terrible the Orioles would be without their outstanding bullpen. It would be absolutely ugly.

We all know that Tillman' date=' Gausman, Bundy and Ubaldo will be in next year's rotation. Is there any chance the Orioles get rid of Miley and Gallardo in the off season? I would like to see both of them go. The Orioles need to find another starter obviously rather than relying on their bullpen so much. Can you imagine how terrible the Orioles would be without their outstanding bullpen. It would be absolutely ugly.[/quote']Look at the upcoming SP FA list and get back to me. Or, who are you trading for and what are you giving up?

The Orioles starting rotation is simply not good enough. They don't pitch enough innings which puts a huge strain on the bullpen. If the Orioles have to trade a guy like Trey Mancini in order to get a solid starter then you absolutely have to do it. Miley and Gallardo don't deserve a spot in the 2017 rotation. It is pretty sad how Ubaldo deserves a spot over them.

I don't see much chance they are gotten rid of. Both are making decent money and have no trade value. With his second half I think it is more plausible that we trade Ubaldo.

I think we have to pray to the baseball gods that Gallardo and Miley have a good offseason and bounce back in the spring, just like Ubaldo has in the second half.

I don't see much chance they are gotten rid of. Both are making decent money and have no trade value. With his second half I think it is more plausible that we trade Ubaldo.

I think we have to pray to the baseball gods that Gallardo and Miley have a good offseason and bounce back in the spring, just like Ubaldo has in the second half.

I would love to see the O's cash in on Ubaldos recent success. Even if it's a salary dump. Gallardo and Miley have no chance at being traded. Ubaldo just maybe...

We all know that Tillman' date=' Gausman, Bundy and Ubaldo[/b'] will be in next year's rotation. Is there any chance the Orioles get rid of Miley and Gallardo in the off season? I would like to see both of them go. The Orioles need to find another starter obviously rather than relying on their bullpen so much. Can you imagine how terrible the Orioles would be without their outstanding bullpen. It would be absolutely ugly.

You presume too much already.

I think Tillman and Gausman are locks. That's it. Obviously we all think Bundy deserves a shot but this is the same leadership that bumped Gausman OUT of the rotation a couple years ago in favor of veterans. I think Bundy will be given a shot to win a rotation spot in Spring Training.

As for the rest, Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo... and even Worley... get to compete as well. If Ubaldo stinks in the spring but Miley and Gallardo look sharp, Ubaldo is starting the year in the pen.

I would love to see the O's cash in on Ubaldos recent success. Even if it's a salary dump. Gallardo and Miley have no chance at being traded. Ubaldo just maybe...

Another possibility in a retooling scenario would be to trade Tillman. Much better return than a straight salary dump, but less of an extreme move than Britton or Manny as some have advocated.

Another possibility in a retooling scenario would be to trade Tillman. Much better return than a straight salary dump, but less of an extreme move than Britton or Manny as some have advocated.

If you trade Tillman and/or Ubaldo who are you replacing them with?

Tillman is one of those valuable but not sexy trade chips. I don't think he'll net a crazy return and will more likely be more valuable if we just hang on to him.

Britton and Manny would fetch a ridiculous boatload of assets which is why they have been suggestion.

How is trading Tillman less extreme than trading Britton? I mean Britton is great, but Tillman is unquestionably the more valuable piece, especially when you consider the depth in the pen and lack of depth in the rotation.

How is trading Tillman less extreme than trading Britton? I mean Britton is great, but Tillman is unquestionably the more valuable piece, especially when you consider the depth in the pen and lack of depth in the rotation.
We need pitching. You don't get pitching by trading pitching.

If you trade Tillman and/or Ubaldo who are you replacing them with?

Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating this. Just saying it is more likely than trading Gallardo/Miley, who have negative value relative to their contracts.

If we did trade Tillman or Ubaldo, that would still leave us with five guys. We hope that KG pitches all year like he has in the second half, get a full season of Bundy, and the guys who underachieved this year bounce back to their norms. That was basically our plan last year. Remember, we went into this season with the expectation that Bundy would be in the bullpen and no replacement for Chen. Maybe we get some other team's Miranda back, and/or pick up this year's Vance Worley type.

It's not a great plan but I think it's more realist than someone taking Gallardo or Miley off our hands. Not that I am advocating it.

That sounds like a logical solution. I think Gallardo and Miley can be a decent 4-5, if Gallardo can have a regular spring training and his arm is in decent shape. If we could manage to dump Ubaldo (like what he's doing right now, but just don't have any faith that he can be decent over a full season) and use Tillman to pick up a younger, cheaper starter, or a decent RF, and use the money saved from Ubaldo and Tillman to sign someone decent for once, we could make a decent starting 5.

I think that's a real good top three. Another year of maturation of Gausman and Bundy. Probably no worries if Bundy holds up this year for innings limits next year. If Ubaldo can be servicable. I'm not worried about who 5th starter is. Who's 5th starter is all that great?

Archived