Please resign Britton

brianod

A lot of people have advocated trading Zach. Some have even advocated non-tendering him. I advocate extending him for four more years at market prices. Lost in the euphoria about Kim (well deserved) another ho hum save on the road with a one run lead in a stadium that gives o's fans nightmares. 47-47. Where would we be without that? How ridiculous is that? Manny might be the mvp but this team would be close to .500 without Zach. Let's not underestimate that and let's not take that for granted

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of people have advocated trading Zach. Some have even advocated non-tendering him. I advocate extending him for four more years at market prices. Lost in the euphoria about Kim (well deserved) another ho hum save on the road with a one run lead in a stadium that gives o's fans nightmares. 47-47. Where would we be without that? How ridiculous is that? Manny might be the mvp but this team would be close to .500 without Zach. Let's not underestimate that and let's not take that for granted

The way Zach locates and the movement he gets, he is like the new Mariano Rivera. Just filthy. I think I'm in on keeping him as well. I know sinkers can be volatile, but this guy is nails.

The only person who has mentioned non-tenderering him was me and that was predicated on MLB making a significant change to the strike zone and the Orioles being unable to find a trade partner.

A lot of people have advocated trading Zach. Some have even advocated non-tendering him.

Really? Show me a post where someone advocated non-tendering Zach. That would be insanity.

Edit -- Corn said that? Even in a hypothetical where the strike zone was changed, I couldn't see that.

The only person who has mentioned non-tenderering him was me and that was predicated on MLB making a significant change to the strike zone and the Orioles being unable to find a trade partner.

It may be possible that you overreacted. I didn't call you out on that because we all have opinions that look silly in hindsight

It may be possible that you overreacted. I didn't call you out on that because we all have opinions that look silly in hindsight

Even as good as he has been I would be apprehensive about spending ten million on him if they were to significantly change the bottom of the strike zone. Thankfully I don't think a large change is in the cards since offense has made a comeback.

The O's are about to have an expensive roster full of overpaid middling veterans with a huge need at RF and at C with not much room for additional payroll. If trading Britton means getting a young talented outfielder with some flexibility added tobthe payroll then you gotta at least think about it.

For the moment it seems MLB is content with tightening the ball-winding machine a couple notches and just rolling with a K an inning and the current zone.

I love Britton, one of my favorite Orioles and at closer perhaps a generational talent at closer. That said, the Davis contract imperiled the ability to keep Manny and all but wrote off the ability to keep Britton after the season he is having. Combine the trades that you saw this year for closers with the teams that will need them and you could restock a lot of players by trading him.

The Cubs if Chapman goes back to the Yankees. Javier Baez anyone?

The Dodgers who tried to upgrade last off season. Grant Holmes+

The Mariners.

The Rangers. Joey Gallo?

The Nationals.

There is a lot to gain by trading Britton.

Archived