The weather could play havoc with the end of the season

Frobby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't there any motivation on Cleveland's part to knock out your division rival?? If it were the O's in their situation and Toronto was trying to get get in as an example I would love nothing more. I can see not throwing one of your top starters but I would want to see most of the regulars.

So the Commissioner should involve himself in perceived moral wrongs?

Historically, the commissioner has voided trades that were judged to be unfair. Not in a long time but there is precedent.

I know in spring training they have a rule that you must play at least two regulars in road games, though it is laxly enforced. If they can make a rule like that for spring training, you think they can't do something in a game that counts?

Isn't there any motivation on Cleveland's part to knock out your division rival?? If it were the O's in their situation and Toronto was trying to get get in as an example I would love nothing more. I can see not throwing one of your top starters but I would want to see most of the regulars.

The problem is that Cleveland's 14-4 against the Tigers this year. They would probably love to see the Tigers in the playoffs. Plus why would they want to risk any of their key regulars getting injured in a meaningless game?

The weather in New York does not look great tonight. Saturday and Sunday are looking better. I guess they don't play tonight and a day-night doubleheader tomorrow. I don't see them doing it on Sunday since all games start at 3 .

They will play. Map looks like a large system but mostly lighter rain and there is a big gap after it moves through. They will get it in.

The rain arrived here in New York later than predicted this morning and seems lighter than expected. Yesterday afternoon's predictions of over an inch seem to be way off. Right now it's raining but not too heavily. Rain is supposed to increase late this afternoon then taper off around 8.

My guess is that if the current forecast holds up, tonight's game will be played (maybe with a delayed start) in intermittent rain, on a very soggy field, with temperature in the low 60s. Great way to decide post-season positions. :rolleyes:

For Yovani, this may feel like an April or September game in Milwaukee, so maybe we get a little help there.

The rain arrived here in New York later than predicted this morning and seems lighter than expected. Yesterday afternoon's predictions of over an inch seem to be way off. Right now it's raining but not too heavily. Rain is supposed to increase late this afternoon then taper off around 8.

My guess is that if the current forecast holds up, tonight's game will be played (maybe with a delayed start) in intermittent rain, on a very soggy field, with temperature in the low 60s. Great way to decide post-season positions. :rolleyes:

For Yovani, this may feel like an April or September game in Milwaukee, so maybe we get a little help there.

They've got a dome up there, so I'd guess he'd actually pitched in less rainy games than average.

I hope we get all three games in. No double-headers, please.

Archived