The last 5 years: 444 wins

Frobby

The last five years, the O's have won 444 games, tops in the American League, 10 ahead of the second place team, Texas. Also, we are one of only two AL clubs never to post a losing record in the last five years (the Yankees are the other). And, we've been to the playoffs three times. Not too shabby.

Would be nice to make a deep playoff run.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last five years, the O's have won 444 games, tops in the American League, 10 ahead of the second place team, Texas. Also, we are one of only two AL clubs never to post a losing record in the last five years (the Yankees are the other). And, we've been to the playoffs three times. Not too shabby.

That's what is missing now, a World Series appearance. The team has reached the ALCS already. This year, I'm sure the odds are less than 50/50 due to being a Wild Card team. Stinks to have one game on the road possibly be their last game of the season; however, win and they are just as much a contender as anyone.

If Toronto wins, I'm definitely rooting for Texas and Cleveland. I'll "root" for Toronto over Boston if I have to.

That's what is missing now, a World Series appearance. The team has reached the ALCS already. This year, I'm sure the odds are less than 50/50 due to being a Wild Card team. Stinks to have one game on the road possibly be their last game of the season; however, win and they are just as much a contender as anyone.

If Toronto wins, I'm definitely rooting for Texas and Cleveland. I'll "root" for Toronto over Boston if I have to.

I consider this blasphemy. Boston has won enough in the past decade+ that it would be impossible for them to be much more annoying than they already are. The Blue Jays are arrogant as hell without having won a damn thing in recent memory, give them a WS title and they'll be absolutely insufferable. I also can't abide there being a THIRD different team in the AL East to have won a WS in the last decade (unless it's the Orioles).

On one hand this is impressive, but what do we have to show for it? For instance, the Yanks traded off some parts or else they could have had a better record this year. They realized that they did not have a championship team. But they added young talent for the future. The Sox traded Miller to us for a good young pitcher. The point being, playoff wins is what counts most. Just look at the Giants. . .

On one hand this is impressive, but what do we have to show for it? For instance, the Yanks traded off some parts or else they could have had a better record this year. They realized that they did not have a championship team. But they added young talent for the future. The Sox traded Miller to us for a good young pitcher. The point being, playoff wins is what counts most. Just look at the Giants. . .

Lmao why do you even watch baseball?

Actually, do you even watch the Orioles?

Vegas has their odds of winning the World Series at about 4%.

And about 9% to make it there as AL Champs.

Vegas has their odds of winning the World Series at about 4%.

And about 9% to make it there as AL Champs.

If you assume every playoff team is equal you get the wildcards with a 6.25% chance of winning it all, division winners 12.5%. 12.5% chance of getting to the Series as a wildcard in that scenario.

"4" is like "13" in East Asian languages because it's pronounced the same as "death." (There are even elevators that don't show a 4th floor.) I always had to shudder and close my eyes whenever I saw cars from the most popular taxi company in Miami go by--their number, painted in huge black numbers, was (305) 444-4444.

If not the O's, I'd like to see Texas and neither the Giants or Cubs in the Series. I don't know how much more Big Papi adoration I can take, the Jays are still the most obnoxious team around even after Lawrie was shipped off, SF has had enough recent glory, and watching former O's pitchers take the Cubs all the way would be very irritating and also embarrassing in future social interactions. The Dodgers and Mets are feel-good stories for how they've battled through despite being decimated by injuries

I'd be delighted with either a 1966 Redux against L.A.--hard to believe a half-century has passed since the incredible sweep!--or frenzied, ebullient, drunken chatter and cheering here in bars in Queens. I'd wear my batting helmet and Melvin Mora black jersey since he played for both the Mets and O's. Since this is the first year of my girlfriend's learning baseball, that would be incredible for us both. But, of course, one step at a time....

This is the longest period of sustained success for this team since the late 70's/early 80's. I started following the O's and baseball in general in 1986 when I was 10 years old. The O's were terrible, and I had no recollection of the previous glory years. I was more a Mets fan in 1986 since I could watch their games on WWOR and they were a great team. Still remember Game 6 of the WS fondly. Then 1989 happened, and wow, the flame was ignited. Then 1990-1991 happened. Some winning non-playoff seasons in the early 90's, then 1996 and 1997, and then, utter despair. I can't even begin to describe how much I've enjoyed the last 5 seasons. Here's hoping a couple of the bats get hot (or all of them), and we can get the trophy. And if not, well then I'll be rooting for the Cubs, my second favorite team, as well as anyone playing against Boston and Toronto.. I think the team is positioned well to continue being a competitive team going forward.

Archived