Do We Go After Dexter Fowler

ORIOLE33

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to, but would be very surprised if we made a run at him given the way negotiations went last offseason.

Fowler>Reddick>Saunders is the order of my preferred options for RF next season on the FA market.

Let's just get Reddick AND Saunders and let Kim be the full-time DH.

Not sure if that's realistic. I rather pay Pearce 1/5 and one of the two 3/40 than both of those guys 3/40. Saunders may come a little cheaper due to the less proven track record. It's tough to say with these FA contracts. All it takes is one team deciding to overpay.

I am fine with rolling with a combination of Kim/Pearce/Rickard at DH/LF.

I would love to, but would be very surprised if we made a run at him given the way negotiations went last offseason.

Fowler>Reddick>Saunders is the order of my preferred options for RF next season on the FA market.

This. Don't see it happening after he left them at the altar. I'd love to land a CFer who could hit leadoff for us and allow Jones to move down in the order and to RF, but the FA market looks thin. It'd have to be someone acquired in a trade, since I don't see anyone fitting that description coming up from the minors.

Not sure if that's realistic. I rather pay Pearce 1/5 and one of the two 3/40 than both of those guys 3/40. Saunders may come a little cheaper due to the less proven track record. It's tough to say with these FA contracts. All it takes is one team overpaying.

Mancini will be given the chance to be the DH next year, IMO. I'd also re-sign Alvarez to share time with him and as insurance in case he shows to not be able to handle it.

Two DH's on one team. I wouldn't do it. If you sign Alvarez, it's not to share time with Mancini, it's to only have Mancini play against LHP's. Time to see what Mancini can do. I'd guess it's about the same as what Pedro Alvarez can do.

They had it this year with Trumbo and Alvarez. Granted, Trumbo played a lot of RF and Mancini/Alvarez won't, but I like the idea of Alvarez's bat on the bench. And, like I said, it's insurance in case Mancini flops.

We need to improve COF. Saunders is not a good defender. Neither Saunders or Reddick get on base that well. Just aren't any better options unless we trade Britton or Manny. Sigh. Sign Reddick as RF, platoon Joey and Bourn LF, and Kim Mancini DH.

Didn't workout last year. I believe he only signed a 1 year deal with the Cubs and we could certainly use a true lead off hitter. Is there any bad blood that would keep this from happening?

I wouldn't sign that bum. He and his agent screwed the FO last year. I wouldn't want that damn jerk if he were free.

Archived