Non Tender Candidate: Vance Worley

sportsfan8703

Should we offer Worley arbitration? It will be his 2nd year of arbitration for him. He made 2.6 million in arb. last year. He'll probably get a raise to 3.5-4.0 million. With our depth at pen, and already having Ubaldo/Gallardo/Miley for two rotation spots, do we need him?

This is pretty much the same reason we got him last year. I think he had a good year and could have some trade value. But I think he should be non tendered given what the staff looks like right now.

Tillman, Gausman, Bundy, Ubaldo/Gallardo/Miley

1. Britton

2. Brach

3. Givens

4. O'day

5. Hart

6. One of Gallardo/Miley/Ubaldo

7. Norfolk shuttle fresh arm. Drake/Wilson/Wright etc...

Hope he could at least fetch something in a trade.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/worleva01.shtml

I would rather have Worley than:

McFarland, Wilson, or Wright

I'd rather have Oliver Drake over them all, including Worley. With us having 6 starters, we really don't have a need for Worley. I think Worley has value. But I'd rather rotate fresh arms, that are making the league min., over him.

I'd rather have Oliver Drake over them all, including Worley. With us having 6 starters, we really don't have a need for Worley. I think Worley has value. But I'd rather rotate fresh arms, that are making the league min., over him.

This. With Gallardo or Ubaldo likely to start in the pen, we need guys with options. I would rather go with Drake and Wilson, maybe Wright or someone else from AAA and see who sticks.

I think Tyler Wilson can handle Worley's role next year for cheaper. If funds were unlimited than sure, but he's not a guy you need to pay more than a couple mil for.

This. That money can be put to better use. That said, I'm sure DD brings him back for around 3-4M, then looks to sell a draft pick to cover his budget.

I'd shop him to teams like Cincinnati, SAN Diego, Atlanta. You might not get much, but it'd be better than giving him away for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd package Wilson with Wright and see what we can get. I want to keep him and send Wilson, becasue I don't trust Tyler Wilson in some of the situations we had Worley in this season.

Call me crazy, but I'd offer him a three-year, $9M contract. That would keep the cost slightly lower and lock up a guy that I might need not so much in 2017, but the following year when I lose three starters. If he is good, that contract would net us a very nice trade return. Worst case scenario, we are paying $3M per year for a league-average middle reliever. Small risk for a potentially decent return.

Archived