Could Dexter Fowler Be An Orioles Offseason Target, Again?

PressBoxOnline

Hell yeah I make a run. I want to win and his skill set is something the Orioles are in badly need of. If you want hurt feelings to get in the way of helping you then I don't want you near the decision making.

A business negotiation that went sour doesn't equate to a bad guy. The Orioles need a major upgrade in OF defense, which was as bad as it has been in years. They also need a major bump in OBP since 3run homers are better than solo homers. Go hard after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell yeah I make a run. I want to win and his skill set is something the Orioles are in badly need of. If you want hurt feelings to get in the way of helping you then I don't want you near the decision making.

A business negotiation that went sour doesn't equate to a bad guy. The Orioles need a major upgrade in OF defense, which was as bad as it has been in years. They also need a major bump in OBP since 3run homers are better than solo homers. Go hard after him.

Would you give him 6/120?

I don't buy the 10 M limit I think we should pursue Fowler until his market develops out of our range, and who knows what that is? He won't be looking for an opt out he will be looking years and AAV.

So the Orioles broke $150M in payroll for the first time ever this season. The $10M limit I came up with puts us in that area again for this year. Are you expecting the O's to break $160M in opening day payroll?

So the Orioles broke $150M in payroll for the first time ever this season. The $10M limit I came up with puts us in that area again for this year. Are you expecting the O's to break $160M in opening day payroll?

I don't know but I think it's plausible with the increase in TV ratings.

I think Fowler will get at least 4/75 or 5/80, somewhere in there. That wouldn't be an awful deal, but it'll be heavily influenced by a 4-win season that he's had once in nine MLB seasons. He's averaged about two wins a season, and he'll be 31 next year. As usual for free agents you're signing him hoping that he's in the small minority of players who is as good in his 30s as his 20s. Who knows, maybe he has Nelson Cruz' and David Ortiz' medical staff.

Archived