Could Dexter Fowler Be An Orioles Offseason Target, Again?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A.J. fooled them at least three times.

Maybe more.

???? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fowler agrees to terms. Then disappears and surfaces at Cubs ST and signs with them. He obviously didn't want to come here. What's changed to make people think he'd sign here now? Why would Duq want to take the chance of getting publicly spurned again? I just don't see it.

Edit: Oh, you meant AJ Burnett. I thought you meant Adam Jones. So now that I know what you're talking about, IMO it's apples and oranges. Burnett may have negotiated with us several times over the years, but he never agreed to terms and then backed out in clandestine fashion before signing with another team. It was always just negotiations that never came to terms.

Fowler agrees to terms. Then disappears and surfaces at Cubs ST and signs with them. He obviously didn't want to come here. What's changed to make people think he'd sign here now? Why would Duq want to take the chance of getting publicly spurned again? I just don't see it.

The pride of Monkton .

I lost track of how many times they tried to sign him.

8 months later and you're all still hating on a guy for a situation that you can do nothing but speculate about and we'll never know the real details. What we do know is Dexter said he never agreed to a deal and so did Duqette. Rather than take 3/33 he gambled on himself taking a 1 year deal with the Cubs, which Baltimore wasn't willing to offer according to reports, so that he could cash in on a bigger multi year deal in 2017.

8 months later and you're all still hating on a guy for a situation that you can do nothing but speculate about and we'll never know the real details. What we do know is Dexter said he never agreed to a deal and so did Duqette. Rather than take 3/33 he gambled on himself taking a 1 year deal with the Cubs, which Baltimore wasn't willing to offer according to reports, so that he could cash in on a bigger multi year deal in 2017.

And to go somewhere that he knew he was comfortable playing as well as having a better shot at a ring.

I think the Orioles should pursue Fowler, however my prediction is that they will sign Josh Reddick to play RF. Adequate defensively, but an upgrade over Trumbo. OBP similar to Trumbo, slugging much lower than Trumbo. Overall though, Reddick was a higher WAR player on 2016 than Trumbo.

Edit: Oh, you meant AJ Burnett. I thought you meant Adam Jones. So now that I know what you're talking about, IMO it's apples and oranges. Burnett may have negotiated with us several times over the years, but he never agreed to terms and then backed out in clandestine fashion before signing with another team. It was always just negotiations that never came to terms.

Several times he was down to the Orioles in his last two. And chose otherwise. I heard that Scott Proefrock swooped in at the last minute during the Philly time.

I think the Orioles should pursue Fowler, however my prediction is that they will sign Josh Reddick to play RF. Adequate defensively, but an upgrade over Trumbo. OBP similar to Trumbo, slugging much lower than Trumbo. Overall though, Reddick was a higher WAR player on 2016 than Trumbo.

Due to Trumbo's defense being less than stellar. What Reddick wants will determine whether or not we get him. I think Saunders would be perfect for us

Archived