Could Dexter Fowler Be An Orioles Offseason Target, Again?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't he so awful this year that they removed him and his home run bat early all the time?

Not really. He played a complete game for over half of their games. He played in 140 games. They didn't start taking him out consistently until they traded for Upton. Many times it was because they PH Melvin against a lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will Fowler's market be? What if the Cubs are ready to move on from him? Who are some other potential suitors?

NYY-Ellsbury

Bos-Bradley, though he might be packaged for a SP

Toronto-they have Pillar and Upton

LAA-their CFer is pretty good

Texas ???

Houston - already traded him away.

Seattle ???

Detroit - looking to reduce payroll

Washington. Maybe, he'd be an excellent fit there

San Fran--they just spent on a CFer and went big in FA last season

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty surprised that a QO was put on Dexter given that there were a number of people who thought that part of the 2015/2016 agreement included an agreement not to give him a QO in 2016/2017FA. With that said, Dexter is going to get paid regardless coming off a 4.7fWAR 2016 and a 3.3fWAR in 2015. I'll be surprised if he takes a deal south of 4/60, the real mystery will be if someone is willing to go a 5th year.

I was pretty surprised that a QO was put on Dexter given that there were a number of people who thought that part of the 2015/2016 agreement included an agreement not to give him a QO in 2016/2017FA. With that said, Dexter is going to get paid regardless coming off a 4.7fWAR 2016 and a 3.3fWAR in 2015. I'll be surprised if he takes a deal south of 4/60, the real mystery will be if someone is willing to go a 5th year.

Do you think the Cubs have any interest in bringing him back?

What will Fowler's market be? What if the Cubs are ready to move on from him? Who are some other potential suitors?

NYY-Ellsbury

Bos-Bradley, though he might be packaged for a SP

Toronto-they have Pillar and Upton

LAA-their CFer is pretty good

Texas ???

Houston - already traded him away.

Seattle ???

Detroit - looking to reduce payroll

Washington. Maybe, he'd be an excellent fit there

San Fran--they just spent on a CFer and went big in FA last season

I think it would make more sense to look at teams that need a lead-off bat and an upgrade at any of three OF positions. This is Fowler's last shot at a large pay-day. He isn't going to limit his market to only places he can play CF.

Archived