Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, we only missed the Playoffs by one game with Mark Trumbo in the line-up.  Reimold screwed up and Buck gambled and didn't bring in Britton.  We were that close to the post-season.  Our pitching staff is intact, minus Gallardo.  Reimold's gone and Rickard is healed.  I think everything about Mark Trumbo that needs to be said, has been said, but, may I add, IMHO, having him back, (here's the part that may get me crucified, to  play LEFT FIELD, think about that for a minute), with the additions of Seth Smith in RF, (who, I think is a better RFer than LF, platooned with Rickard), Trey Mancini (in the DH platoon with Kim) and Castillo, (whose bat will probably play better than his glove work), gives us a pretty good line-up.  So.....SIGN THE MAN.

(RHP)

SETH SMITH RF
HYUN SOO KIM DH
MANNY MACHADO 3B
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
MARK TRUMBO LF
ADAM JONES CF
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
J.J. HARDY SS

(LHP)

JOEY RICKARD RF
ADAM JONES CF
MANNY MACHADO 3B
MARK TRUMBO LF
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
TREY MANCINI DH
J.J. HARDY SS

9 hours ago, ELMERO said:
Hey, we only missed the Playoffs by one game with Mark Trumbo in the line-up.  Reimold screwed up and Buck gambled and didn't bring in Britton.  We were that close to the post-season.  Our pitching staff is intact, minus Gallardo.  Reimold's gone and Rickard is healed.  I think everything about Mark Trumbo that needs to be said, has been said, but, may I add, IMHO, having him back, (here's the part that may get me crucified, to  play LEFT FIELD, think about that for a minute), with the additions of Seth Smith in RF, (who, I think is a better RFer than LF, platooned with Rickard), Trey Mancini (in the DH platoon with Kim) and Castillo, (whose bat will probably play better than his glove work), gives us a pretty good line-up.  So.....SIGN THE MAN.

(RHP)

SETH SMITH RF
HYUN SOO KIM DH
MANNY MACHADO 3B
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
MARK TRUMBO LF
ADAM JONES CF
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
J.J. HARDY SS

(LHP)

JOEY RICKARD RF
ADAM JONES CF
MANNY MACHADO 3B
MARK TRUMBO LF
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
TREY MANCINI DH
J.J. HARDY SS

All the metrics say Smith is better in LF . Why do you think he is better in RF?

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

We already have a team full of DH's

We need some OF'ers who can run and catch. Not a single plus defender on the roster

and if we sign Trumbo look for DD to trade Mancini, then watch Mancini out WAR Trumbo for the life of Trumbo's contra

Eeyore_Framed-1024x1024.jpg

Archived