Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

34 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Would you rather have Parra or Synder back?

I think this signing is a good thing.

We shall see.

I was unaware that the only options available were Trumbo or the two worst acquisitions of the Duquette era. In that case I would have just given the DH job to Mancini.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I was unaware that the only options available were Trumbo or the two worst acquisitions of the Duquette era. In that case I would have just given the DH job to Mancini.

They didn't do that, maybe they know something the brain trust of OH doesn't?

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Sure, but why at this point, do we want to assume they are wrong?

DD is far from perfect, but, he hasn't done a bad job of getting players for Buck to use.

My assumptions are built on evidence. In this case I hope the evidence is wrong, that Trumbo bucks all the trends. But that doesn't change the facts. 

15 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

My assumptions are built on evidence. In this case I hope the evidence is wrong, that Trumbo bucks all the trends. But that doesn't change the facts. 

True, you want to talk facts?

How about best record in AL for 5 years?

They play winning baseball, and meaningful games at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Query of all players from 2005-2015, 140+ games, OPS+ between 110-130 in their age 30 season.  Trumbo is in the middle with a 120 OPS+. 35 players in the result.

At 31 the median OPS+ was 112, games 145.

At 32 it's 97 and 129.

At 33 it's 85 and 81.

And yet the O's/DD just love to throw money at 30 something players past their prime. He did it with Hardy and it was a mistake, he did I with O'day and it was a mistake, he did It with Davis and it was a tragic mistake, and now he has done it with Trumbo. None of these guys did/will even remotely approach their production of the years leading up to their extensions. The O's should have a very happy content roster.

Archived