Darren O'Day Expects A Happy, Healthy 2017

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He won't be this bad going forward but it was hard to not see some level of regression in his future after 2014-2015.

I wouldn't have re-signed him but I wouldn't have brought back Hardy, Davis or Trumbo either.

I saw the box score, ouch.

Would you lock up anyone LT out of curiousity. 

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I saw the box score, ouch.

Would you lock up anyone LT out of curiousity. 

I was fine with the Markakis deal.  I was fine with the Jones deal.  I was fine with the first Hardy deal.  I was even OK with the first O'Day deal.

What do those have in common?  The player wasn't over 30.

I'd be interested in extending Machado, Schoop and Gausman.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was fine with the Markakis deal.  I was fine with the Jones deal.  I was fine with the first Hardy deal.  I was even OK with the first O'Day deal.

Decent logic. Hard to say that's a bad approach. 

The Davis deal was terrific for fan morale but will hamper is for years.

Ambivalent on Manny: that's a LOT of cash and his ties to Arod as Roy noted previously scare me a tad.

3 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Decent logic. Hard to say that's a bad approach. 

The Davis deal was terrific for fan morale but will hamper is for years.

Ambivalent on Manny: that's a LOT of cash and his ties to Arod as Roy noted previously scare me a tad.

I would also be pushing hard to extend them in their pre-arbitration years.  At this point you would be paying the perceived market value for Machado.

2 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

OF COURSE it's the one bullpen guy we signed to a long term guaranteed big money deal who's struggling to stay healthy and effective.  Of course.  Because the universe hates our team.  

Seriously?  Already?

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He won't be this bad going forward but it was hard to not see some level of regression in his future after 2014-2015.

I wouldn't have re-signed him but I wouldn't have brought back Hardy, Davis or Trumbo either.

Eventually dedicating so much payroll to non-performing/under-performing veterans past their prime will bury this team below .500

I have bee amazed that Buck has somehow won with the few younger performing players that we have

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

For what we offered or what the Braves did?

Archived