C - Castillo/Joseph

LF - Kim/Rickard

CF - Jones

RF - Smith/Trumbo

DH  - Trumbo/ Mancini

Utility - Flaherty

Rotation - Tillman, Gausman, Bundy, Jimenez

Pen -  Britton, O'Day, Brach, Givens, Drake, Wilson/Verrett

Buck said Wright remains a starter and look now to be at AAA.

I agree with this but I see a rule 5 guy making the team over Mancini.

4 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Thanks Wildcard. Doesn't the SP depth of Verrett, Wilson and Joe Gunkle in the AL East give you some pause?

I am not sure that Verrett, Wilson, Wright, or Gunkel are ready to be major league starters.  The first three look ready to be major league relievers.  Starter depth is now an O's weakness.  6th, 7th  8th starters are questionable.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure that Verrett, Wilson, Wright, or Gunkel are ready to be major league starters.  The first three look ready to be major league relievers.  Starter depth is now an O's weakness.  6th, 7th  8th starters are questionable.

Exactly and why we need to address. If we don't address, 4th place.

24 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Mancini would have no place on this team that you laid out.  Trumbo would be the DH versus LHP and he's not going to play over Kim or Smith versus RHP.  

I don't think Trumbo figures in anymore, but if he does you can bet Mancini will be starting the year at Triple A. 

It could work.  Trumbo is the full time player.  DH against RHP and RF against the LHP.  

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

OBP improvements

LH DH:

Seth Smith- .342

Pedro Alvarez- .322

C:

Castillo- .322

MW- .302

RF:

Trumbo- .316

Joey Bats- .366

Lets do this final piece.  DD getting higher OBP guys while lowering K's.  

Gosh. I freaking hate Bautista in a sports sense. But his skills fit our needs so well. Maybe O's fans should send a petition to DD that we'll sell our souls for some OBP and OF defense. 

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

My guess is:

LF - Kim/Rickard

RF - Smith/Trumbo Tavarez or Dariel

DH  - TrumboPedro/ Mancini

Utility - Flaherty

Rotation - Tillman, Gausman, Bundy, Jimenez

Pen -  Britton, O'Day, Brach, Givens, Drake, Wilson/Verrett

Buck said Wright remains a starter and look now to be at AAA.

If the O's sign Trumbo there is no room for Tavarez.

As someone noted, Trumbo/Mancini at DH makes no sense, they are both RH. The guy to bring back at DH would be Pedro. He would replace most of Trumbo's production (possibly more if Trumbo doesn't get hot in the first half) while hitting on the opposite side of Mancini. Then you just need to fill RF with Tavarez or Dariel Alvarez.

1 minute ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Gosh. I freaking hate Bautista in a sports sense. But his skills fit our needs so well. Maybe O's fans should send a petition to DD that we'll sell our souls for some OBP and OF defense. 

So did Garrett Atkins. 

13 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

It could work.  Trumbo is the full time player.  DH against RHP and RF against the LHP.  

Edited:  I meant to say you wouldn't be able to play Smith and Kim against RHP given that configuration.  

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

As someone noted, Trumbo/Mancini at DH makes no sense, they are both RH. The guy to bring back at DH would be Pedro. He would replace most of Trumbo's production (possibly more if Trumbo doesn't get hot in the first half) while hitting on the opposite side of Mancini. Then you just need to fill RF with Tavarez or Dariel Alvarez.

I'm not sure why that doesn't make sense.  It doesn't matter that you have two righties at DH.  You're not platooning Trumbo.  You're just changing his position.  It's no different if Mancini could play RF and you platoon him straight with Smith.

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

But then you wouldn't be able to play both Kim and Smith against LHP.  Mancini doesn't make sense as a backup DH to Trumbo/Kim/Smith.  He will be starting in Norfolk.  Bearing injury, I would be willing to put money on it.  

Why would you want to play both Smith and Kim against lefties?

Archived