Spring training advice

jv225

Hi guys,

My wife and I are heading to FL with our 2 daughters in the middle of this month. We are taking them to Disney and then to the beach for a couple days. We'll be leaving Orlando on Feb 21st and I was thinking we could spend that day in Sarasota since we will be passing right by. I know there aren't any games yet but I'm having a hard time finding much info on how the O's spring training works. We go to Baltimore for at least 1 or 2 series a year but have never been to spring training. My daughters are 6 and 8 and are really exited about it. They love the o's. My oldest daughter has a 8x10 of Manny and Schoop doing their handshake and  is convinced she is going to get it signed by both of them. Any chance of that happening? Manny is by far her favorite player. She has his jersey, pictures, cards etc. 

Any info or tips on family friendly  things to do there would be really appreciated. I don't know if there is really any access to the players but if they could get a few autographs it would make their day. 

Thanks 

Jim

Archived