NO Girardi

deuce

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably a good thing

As I've said before, to do this right, you need to do things in the right order.

First get the top guy.

Then get the GM situation sorted out.

Then formulate the plan.

Then hire the manager you want carrying out the plan.

Then assemble the players that fit the plan.

Could actually be a blessing. If he really wasn't into it, then it could be Lee Mazzilli Part Deux. Maybe Trembley is our Guthrie of managers, a fall in the lap and works out great..

I agree. This guys has the sleeping herd hustling the last two nights. He may be just what we needed. No one had heard much about Earl when he replaced Hank Bauer mid-year in 68.

Pure speculation but i wonder if Girardi wanted a clause in his contract that if the Yanks or Cubs job became available, that he would be able to leave here if he was hired by one of those 2 teams?

Girardi has gotten to understand that this is Major League Baseball, not the NCAA, whose coaches opt out at the drop of a hat it seems.

Pure speculation but i wonder if Girardi wanted a clause in his contract that if the Yanks or Cubs job became available, that he would be able to leave here if he was hired by one of those 2 teams?

If he wanted a clause like that, I hope McPhail laughed in his face.

I have been watching ESPN news since this was posted. Besides a line in the crawl bar, there has been NO mention of this story. I'm starting to think it's another snafu from ESPN. What happens if Girardi, turned down an INITIAL offer? Either way, oh well. Like I've said, we actually have a few GOOD managers with major league experience, who WANT the job. We also have an interim manager, who seems pretty damn good as well.

MacPhail said it best about Girardi and any other managerial candidate:

"I don't think I want to do too much selling," he said. "I want to see the interest on their part. I don't think there will be a manager here who doesn't want to be here."

More speculation, maybe he knows this is Torre's last year if they don't make the playoffs OR he has a job in Chicago or NY after this season.

Maybe Trammel (bench coach right?) leaves the Cubs and Girardi would rather be bench coach in Chicago then Manager of the O's.

Archived