NO Girardi

deuce

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just goes to show how much damage has been done to this franchise over the last decade. What used to be a great job is now one that is undesirable.

We've seen it w/free agents and now we see it with a manager - The Orioles are just not a very appealing franchise to join if you can avoid it.

It just goes to show how much damage has been done to this franchise over the last decade. What used to be a great job is now one that is undesirable.

We've seen it w/free agents and now we see it with a manager - The Orioles are just not a very appealing franchise to join if you can avoid it.

It's probably less of it being an undesirable job, and more of a case of Girardi not wanting to commit to a team when one of two dream jobs could open up in a few months.

Is that necessarily the case??? Will McPhail now be fired for not getting Girardi? Geez... it's one of 30 jobs that only 30 people have on the planet.

Like I've been saying, let's get someone who absolutely WANTS to manage the Baltimore Orioles... DAVEY JOHNSON.

Now we get to hear more "expert" analysis from people like Steve Phillips about how hopeless and pathetic our team is. Whatever. Girardi can just wait out the Cubs or Yankees and watch the Marlins play just as well without him. (not to mention with an injured Josh Johnson and a struggling A. Sanchez)

Dude, thats; about as ludicrous a statement you could be making here. For all we know, Girardi wanted languange in his contract that would allow him to leave the Orioles for the Yankee job if it became available during his contract and the Orioles said No. So he decline our offer... wake up man, could be any number of reasons....

Personally, with as often as ESPN has been wrong the past few days, I'd like to hear it from the horses mouth.

I agree. Didn't ESPN's Peter Gammons report yesterday that we offered him the job? That turned out not to be the case as well. we shall wait and see.

I think Wedge has a good take on this. More Girardi's team preferences than a condemnation of the O's. (Not that the club is that desirable - just that it may not have been the primary factor in this case).

That said, I hope to see Johnson as manager, or keep Trembley on. See how the team responds to him. I'd absolutely hate to see Dempsey or Baker get the job.

Archived