The Case for Johnny Giavotella

Legend_Of_Joey

34 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Well, it remains to be seen how Giavotella will fare with the Orioles ........ but your request has been accepted.

o

*Goes and writes "The Case For" posts for Austin Wynns, Cedric Mullins, Austin Hays, Tanner Scott and Lucas Long*

I read elsewhere the idea of moving Scope to right field after we move Seith Smith in a trade and then bring in Mr G to play second base.   Scope is not your classic nimble second baseman- he gets by with a strong arm and okay catch skills.  He would look good in right field as a power hitting corner outfield.  It would be nice to have a smaller,  classic infielder at second, where somebody with a good OBP as a lead off hitter, a wider range, and good fielding,  You can hide somebody who does these things there if he doesn't have a real strong arm.  Could be a plan for next year or at least give it a try out later this year.

9 hours ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

I read elsewhere the idea of moving Scope to right field after we move Seith Smith in a trade and then bring in Mr G to play second base.   Scope is not your classic nimble second baseman- he gets by with a strong arm and okay catch skills.  He would look good in right field as a power hitting corner outfield.  It would be nice to have a smaller,  classic infielder at second, where somebody with a good OBP as a lead off hitter, a wider range, and good fielding,  You can hide somebody who does these things there if he doesn't have a real strong arm.  Could be a plan for next year or at least give it a try out later this year.

Never heard a whisper of moving Schoop to the OF. It's more likely imo that he be moved to 3B if/when Manny is dealt. He could be used to bridge the gap from Hardy, although I'm not sure he's a good option.

Giovatella has a good glove, but nothing in his stats would indicate plans need to be made around him. He's basically a nonpower hitter that doesn't walk much. I like the .260 batting average over Flaherty if you could get away with him filling that role?

Archived