Zac Lowther

glenn__davis

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

How does Zach Lowther compare to Zach Davies? How does he project in a rotation? Just curious.

It’s hard to make an apples to apples comparison, Davies spent his entire age 21 season in AA.

Lowther has the better fastball and better breaking ball.

Davies has better command and a better changeup.

Lowther’s a back of the rotation type unless he can add velocity or develop the changeup further.

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It’s hard to make an apples to apples comparison, Davies spent his entire age 21 season in AA.

Lowther has the better fastball and better breaking ball.

Davies has better command and a better changeup.

Lowther’s a back of the rotation type unless he can add velocity or develop the changeup further.

How would you rank our LH SPs?  

Hall, Lowther, Akin, Wells?  Is that right?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

How would you rank our LH SPs?  

Hall, Lowther, Akin, Wells?  Is that right?

Same as before the season at this point, so Hall, Akin, Wells, Lowther, Bishop. Lowther could definitely pass Wells or Akin, but I need more info first.

I haven't watched Hall, Lowther, Bishop yet and Akin I've only seen from a poor camera angle.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Same as before the season at this point, so Hall, Akin, Wells, Lowther, Bishop. Lowther could definitely pass Wells or Akin, but I need more info first.

I haven't watched Hall, Lowther, Bishop yet and Akin I've only seen from a poor camera angle.

Thanks forgot about Bishop. We really have a lot of arms in the Frederick and Delmarva. 

4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Fenter is listed as the starter for Delmarva today, Lowther has been assigned to Aberdeen (read extended spring training), not sure of the cause, not a DL stint or restricted list.

One of these weird paper moves.   Maybe they’re going to promote him to Frederick but need a day or two to clear someone off the Frederick roster for some reason.    

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

One of these weird paper moves.   Maybe they’re going to promote him to Frederick but need a day or two to clear someone off the Frederick roster for some reason.    

That's my guess as well, if that's the case, I'm curious who will be used as the piggyback starter for Hall. I'm guessing Ryan Wilson or Nick Vespi.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

That's my guess as well, if that's the case, I'm curious who will be used as the piggyback starter for Hall. I'm guessing Ryan Wilson or Nick Vespi.

They also might be ready to ramp Hall up a bit.   As I documented earlier this week, the O’s generally haven’t been quite this cautious with their 19-year olds at Delmarva.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They also might be ready to ramp Hall up a bit.   As I documented earlier this week, the O’s generally haven’t been quite this cautious with their 19-year olds at Delmarva.   

Even if they are going to give him 4 to 5 innings and Fenter 4 to 5 innings, that's a lot of potential bullpen usage.