Zac Lowther

glenn__davis

My 2nd favorite draft pick, love the movement he gets on his fb, love the breaking stuff, I think he's going to be the surprise of the draft for us. Nice start, thanks for getting a thread going, I didn't realize he had pitched for us yet. He's a big boy, it wouldn't be surprising if some professional instruction could get him a few more mph on his fb, but the movement is what makes him intriguing. 

6 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

The link contains a video of his 5th K, it shows the entire AB. If the O's have caused you to stress over foul balls & 3-2 counts, don't watch it. 

The earlier Ks were more efficient, I think he only threw 37 pitches in his three innings.

7/5 start: Curveball not as sharp tonight, wasn't throwing it for strikes.  Gave up some solid contact, but enough pitch-ability to get out of trouble, also used his fastball at the top of the zone well to get Ks.  Again, I'll say that he's a guy that should get a taste of Delmarva before the end of the season.  Even without his best stuff he strikes out 5 and walks none in 3 innings with just 42 pitches.  He's just way more advanced as a pitcher than what most of these batters are used to.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

7/5 start: Curveball not as sharp tonight, wasn't throwing it for strikes.  Gave up some solid contact, but enough pitch-ability to get out of trouble, also used his fastball at the top of the zone well to get Ks.  Again, I'll say that he's a guy that should get a taste of Delmarva before the end of the season.  Even without his best stuff he strikes out 5 and walks none in 3 innings with just 42 pitches.  He's just way more advanced as a pitcher than what most of these batters are used to.

Think he will be in Delmarva next season or go to Frederick?

7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Think he will be in Delmarva next season or go to Frederick?

I think he should be in Frederick, unless the O's are planning on changing his mechanics or something to try and get more velocity.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

Love the Lowth! ?

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Don't put it past the Orioles...

I think it might be possible to get more velo out of him, but I'd worry about messing with the deception he creates.  A better strategy IMHO is to have him really get on a strength and condition program in the offseason.  he's 6' 2" 235lb, I'd like to see him get stronger and lean out a little.

35 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I think it might be possible to get more velo out of him, but I'd worry about messing with the deception he creates.  A better strategy IMHO is to have him really get on a strength and condition program in the offseason.  he's 6' 2" 235lb, I'd like to see him get stronger and lean out a little.

Haven't seen him yet, so I'll take your word on that.

I'm just worried about mechanics as we see how Akin had to miss a start to work on his before becoming...Well, awesome.