Would you trade Manny to the Sox?

Bahama O's Fan

6 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

For what it's worth (not much) the MLBTR question and answer yesterday had the mere suggestion of Manny being the opening day starter for the Braves next year.

I have now seen possible trade destinations of Boston, New York, Saint Louis, and Atlanta.

The Braves have a ton of prospects that could help. Very pitching rich.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Atlanta connection. I think in baseball if you have a deal in place (all the players) MLB allows a 72 hrs window for Manny to take to the Braves about an extension (I think). So here is my trade:

Manny, D J Stewart (replaces Nick for 2019) and Buck. IF we are going to a full rebuild, I do not think Buck and Dan want to be here.

for

Ozzie Abbies/ss, Sean Newcomb/lhp, Touki Toussaint/rhp, Anferrnee Seymour/of/inf and Sean Rodriguez. Sean Rodriquez would help on the money side for Atlanta (signed thru 2018) and would replace Trumbo as DH.

Note: Atlanta has approx. 50 mil coming off the books and NO high hit arbitration players for 2018. Also Nick and J J are there.

1 minute ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

I like the Atlanta connection. I think in baseball if you have a deal in place (all the players) MLB allows a 72 hrs window for Manny to take to the Braves about an extension (I think). So here is my trade:

Manny, D J Stewart (replaces Nick for 2019) and Buck. IF we are going to a full rebuild, I do not think Buck and Dan want to be here.

for

Ozzie Abbies/ss, Sean Newcomb/lhp, Touki Toussaint/rhp, Anferrnee Seymour/of/inf and Sean Rodriguez. Sean Rodriquez would help on the money side for Atlanta (signed thru 2018) and would replace Trumbo as DH.

Note: Atlanta has approx. 50 mil coming off the books and NO high hit arbitration players for 2018. Also Nick and J J are there.

Has a manager ever been traded mid season?

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I wouldn't, personally. One of Buck's strengths is building winners. If you are going to rebuild Buck's the guy to manage. 

Yes but DD will be gone but I don't know who replaces him. Who would you like to see replace DD? Of course Angelos will not do what is best. 

7 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I wouldn't, personally. One of Buck's strengths is building winners. If you are going to rebuild Buck's the guy to manage. 

Buck has had enough time w the current group. I'd always believed he didn't have enough time w the Yankees and D-backs, but he's had almost double the time w the Orioles as he had w those franchises. 

I'm ready for rebuild from top to bottom.

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yes but DD will be gone but I don't know who replaces him. Who would you like to see replace DD? Of course Angelos will not do what is best. 

I don't know who I'd pick but it would have to be someone whose strength is talent evaluation. That's what I think Dan's biggest weakness is: realizing the talent the organization already has. There have been several times where he has given away players without giving them a chance like Miranda, Bridwell, Davies, even Triggs. 

If I had to bet, I'd say Duquette is fired after the deadline if we sell and Brady Anderson takes over. If Brady is GM, Buck stays.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Buck has had enough time w the current group. I'd always believed he didn't have enough time w the Yankees and D-backs, but he's had almost double the time w the Orioles as he had w those franchises. 

I'm ready for rebuild from top to bottom.

But if we sell, how much of the core from 2012-2016 will still be here? If the plan is to start over with a younger group of players through trades I don't think there's any better team builder then Buck.

5 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

But if we sell, how much of the core from 2012-2016 will still be here? If the plan is to start over with a younger group of players through trades I don't think there's any better team builder then Buck.

Buck might not want to take that on at this stage in his career. He' nearing the e d not just beginning.

In any case, I'd prefer they go w a younger guy, a former player w a fresh outlook.

22 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

That is what make him valuable to the Braves. They already have a good core. Middle of the lineup: Nick/Manny/Freddy/Matt.

Archived