Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

You said Heredia and little else.  That is what I responded too.

Heredia as the 3rd piece. Gotta read the whole conversation.

Think it's quite obvious that you'd get more than a lotto ticket in Heredia for an elite RP in Britton.....

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ISU94 said:

Glad that I "now agree".

What? You need to read closer dude. I never once said that.

I emboldened your sentence that generated my response.  If you mispoke, that is one thing, but there is no misunderstanding the words that you typed.

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I thInk the Dodgers and Nationals are in positions where you can fleece them. I have focused on the Dodgers due to the Nationals thing that shouldn't matter but does. 

I read today that since moving to D.C., the Nats have completed at least one trade with every team in MLB except the Orioles.    

Just now, Number5 said:

I emboldened your sentence that generated my response.  If you mispoke, that is one thing, but there is no misunderstanding the words that you typed.

"If they wouldn't move Verdugo in some trades, why would they deal an even better prospect in Alvarez who is viewed as a top 10-15 prospect in all of baseball? If we get Alvarez we aren't getting that much with him. We'd be lucky to get Heredia and another pieces with him imo"

READ!

With "him". Not Heredia and random pieces. Alvarez is involved.

So no, I didn't misspoke. You neglected to read the sentence correctly.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

"If they wouldn't move Verdugo in some trades, why would they deal an even better prospect in Alvarez who is viewed as a top 10-15 prospect in all of baseball? If we get Alvarez we aren't getting that much with him. We'd be lucky to get Heredia and another pieces with him imo"

READ!

Yeah?  Look, we should be able to get a lot more with Britton than that.  You now even say so yourself.  I have no idea what you are arguing about here, but I'm cone with this silliness.

9 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

So getting a top 15 prospect in Alvarez, a top 50 prospect (some have him in the top 20 as I just showed) in Buehler, nd Starling Heredia who was a top end IFA a couple years ago and who is excelling right now with big upside would make no sense and not be a haul for Britton?

Yeah...ok.

You have these numbers wrong 

Alvarez is #39, Verdigo #50 (not in trade), Calhoun 69, Buehler is 78, and Yusniel Diaz is 98 (not in trade).

none has the 25 grade Torres had last year when he was traded forChapman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2017/7/14/15969794/mlb-trade-rumors-orioles-dodgers-zach-britton

Just now, Number5 said:

Yeah?  Look, we should be able to get a lot more with Britton than that.  You now even say so yourself.  I have no idea what you are arguing about here, but I'm cone with this silliness.

Because you are calling me out for something I said when you are actually the one that misspoke/are wrong. If you would have finished the sentence which clearly shows me stating Alvarez is involved instead of calling me out for saying something totally silly (Heredia and random pieces for Britton), then this wouldn't have even happened. Then you continued to call me out even after I said you were wrong and you still continued with it.

I'm done as well, this was pretty ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

READ!

None of these guys are in the top 50. Quit making things up to validate your position.

also they like an outfielder that they don't want to move. Their starting pitching is pretty good and they can afford to part with the Sp prospect even though he is ranked higher.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

You have these numbers wrong 

Alvarez is #39, Verdigo #50 (not in trade), Calhoun 69, Buehler is 78, and Yusniel Diaz is 98 (not in trade).

none has the 25 grade Torres had last year when he was traded forChapman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2017/7/14/15969794/mlb-trade-rumors-orioles-dodgers-zach-britton

If you are just basing it off MLB.com, those are preseason rankings. I just posted baseballprospectus which is a very good prospect site having Buehler all the way up at #19. Definitely misspoke on Alvarez though, so my bad there. Still includes a top 20-30'ish type prospect in Buehler.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

None of these guys are in the top 50. Quit making things up to validate your position.

also they like an outfielder that they don't want to move. Their starting pitching is pretty good and they can afford to part with the Sp prospect even though he is ranked higher.

I'm not validating my position, people can have different views on what we can get. I overrated Alvaez and must have got him mixed up, but you posting rankings of a list from preseason when it's mid July also doesn't validate your position. Buehler isn't the 78th ranked prospect in baseball with how hes pitching this season, one midseason update on prospects has already been posted in defense of that.

Alvarez, Heredia, + is MUCH different than Heredia headlining with random pieces like he said I did.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

I'm not validating my position, people can have different views on what we can get. I overrated Alvaez and must have got him mixed up, but you posting rankings of a list from preseason when it's mid July also doesn't validate your position. Buehler isn't the 78th ranked prospect in baseball with how hes pitching this season, one midseason update on prospects has already been posted in defense of that.

Alvarez, Heredia, + is MUCH different than Heredia headlining with random pieces like he said I did.

I still think Alvarez, Calhoun, Buehler, Hetedia and White is a fair package for 1year and two months of Britton. It's quite a bit more than the Chapman deal but your getting a whole extra season and he isn't a rental.

its a big price but the Os don't need to trade him. The Dodgers have a real shot at the series.

i would trade out Calhoun to get the deal done and probably ask for Diaz instead. 

If Britton shows to be healthy he is worth a ton. 

5 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=32224

Buehler is 19, Verdugo is 27 and Alvarez is 28.

We'd get one of those guys + someone like Heredia.  Maybe another C+ prospect thrown in. 

I think we'd get a guy like Calhoun/Buehler involved, possibly Diaz with one of those guys and Heredia imo.

But yeah, people probably shouldn't be taking rankings that came out so long ago. Lot has changed/players have developed in that time period with different views on them at this point. Definitely taking BP's list over an old MLB.com list. 

Archived