Would Anyone Take Trumbo

Bahama O's Fan

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but looking at baseball reference Trumbo has been worth 1 win. At 9 Million dollars per win Trumbo is not quite worth his value. But is it really as bad as everyone seems to be making it out to be?

And Mancini has been worth around twice that, fufills the same role on the team, and makes the league minimum.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And Mancini has been worth around twice that, fufills the same role on the team, and makes the league minimum.

Agreed he's redundant on the  roster but I meant in terms of trading the contract. Is it that much of an overpay?

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Agreed he's redundant on the  roster but I meant in terms of trading the contract. Is it that much of an overpay?

Sure.  After EE signed his deal early in the offseason the market for DH/1B types dried up.  I don't recall any rumors of other teams even being interested in Trumbo.  I think something like 2/20 would have been very fair.

The funny thing about this thread is that Trumbo is on an absolute tear right now.

Last 11 games - 

12-39

.308/.400/.744

1.144 OPS

5HR/10 RBI

And for the season he is now only 19 points below his career OPS.

What a horrendous year it is shaping up to be for him. Just imagine if he stays hot for another week or two, could get even uglier. 

3 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

The funny thing about this thread is that Trumbo is on an absolute tear right now.

Last 11 games - 

12-39

.308/.400/.744

1.144 OPS

5HR/10 RBI

And for the season he is now only 19 points below his career OPS.

What a horrendous year it is shaping up to be for him. Just imagine if he stays hot for another week or two, could get even uglier. 

Sell high.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived