Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't like seeing 1B/OF for Britton or Brach. 

Starting Pitching, Starting Pitching and more Starting Pitching!!!

You get the best talent you can get. If it's between getting a possible impact bat or a back end of rotation arm I'm adding the bat 10 times out of 10. There is only a select few prospects with upside to become a TOR and most teams aren't parting with that for an elite reliever.

Get pitching prospects, sure, but don't just get pitching prospects because you likely aren't getting full value if that's the route you go. We do need young bats too. Mountcastle, Mullins, Hays, and Sisco are great and all but not every one of them is likely to make it...and that only fulfills a few spots. Mancini and Schoop are the only two other young long term bats we really have unless we lock up Machado too.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Il BuonO said:

I like Honeywell of the Rays, Fedde and Martes in that order. Martes may have the most devastating pitch with that CU but I don't like his delivery and the walks are absurd.

I'd like to see more of Alvarez w the Dodgers and think they may be willing to offer the most.

The Dodgers is where it's at. I don't like Fedde and that Nats don't seem to be good matches. 

I want as much SP as possible and a SS option. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

The Dodgers is where it's at. I don't like Fedde and that Nats don't seem to be good matches. 

There's not really a SS on the table with any of the teams that would be calling for Britton or Brach. Unless you think you can get Willy Adames out of Tampa Bay.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

You're right.  I just want to turn Britton and Brach into Honeywell and Buehler.  

Trust me, I'd love nothing more. I just think we need to make sure we get the best talent in a package possible. Whether that's SP's, 1B's, OF's, 3B's SS's, etc.

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we don't have a SS in the system does that mean we can't field each of Mountcastle/Machado/Schoop? Would you deal Macho, move Schoop and open 2nd for RM?

Honeywell is the guy I want most after Robles. Martes next. I'm not big on Fedde but Soto seems legit. I love Paulino but I'm not even certain if you can trade a suspended player.

I'm not familiar at all with the Dodgers or Cubs prospects. 

I have a decent reason to believe that Britton will bring back a lot. It seems like Britton, Brach, Macho, Givens, & Gausman are all generating a lot of interest. It should be interesting. 

21 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

You get the best talent you can get. If it's between getting a possible impact bat or a back end of rotation arm I'm adding the bat 10 times out of 10. There is only a select few prospects with upside to become a TOR and most teams aren't parting with that for an elite reliever.

Get pitching prospects, sure, but don't just get pitching prospects because you likely aren't getting full value if that's the route you go. We do need young bats too. Mountcastle, Mullins, Hays, and Sisco are great and all but not every one of them is likely to make it...and that only fulfills a few spots. Mancini and Schoop are the only two other young long term bats we really have unless we lock up Machado too.

You & SF are bringing the goodness.

50 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

We could really use that guy that had sources inside the organization right about now. This deadline is driving me crazy.

I liked it better when there were never any leaks about trades and nobody really speculated about them, you just found out about them when they happened.   

4 hours ago, Number5 said:

Verdugo isn't my top target.  I was responding to the comment that the poster thought the Orioles were the team that asked about Vedugo and were told no by the Dodgers.  As I said, I'm pretty sure that the Padres were the team MLBTR was talking about.

I'm not crazy about any of the top rated OF prospects. I would take Heredia as the 2 or 3rd player on Britton with the 4th being a lottery ticket.

look I think the Orioles would be foolish to get Calhoun unless they can dump both Davis and Trumbo. 

Mancini needs to play and it will likely be in LF. Hays and Mullins are coming . We have Rickard who is still young and cheap. And you know it's highly likely they will resign Jones. On top of that we have Sisco who may need to be moved and Sisco.

Archived