Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

Just now, billw76 said:

Britton is a premier RP with control through next year, so obviously he isn't moving unless we get a major haul of an offer. Not really sure how that's any news at all. There's no rush as we could still get a great haul this offseason or get a high end prospect with a couple decent spects at next years deadline. I think it'd be dumb not to move him at the deadline this year, but people have to offer enough first.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wildcard said:

"If they get an Andrew Miller-type deal, they'll trade him," the source said. "But that's probably what it's going to take."

And that is as it should be.

I agree 100%. 

He still has another year of control so it's not like we "have" to move him.

3 minutes ago, billw76 said:

I agree 100%. 

He still has another year of control so it's not like we "have" to move him.

I think that extra year of control is why you move. The team can justify a high asking price because they are giving up the best closer for two playoff runs. 

14 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Britton is a premier RP with control through next year, so obviously he isn't moving unless we get a major haul of an offer. Not really sure how that's any news at all. There's no rush as we could still get a great haul this offseason or get a high end prospect with a couple decent spects at next years deadline. I think it'd be dumb not to move him at the deadline this year, but people have to offer enough first.

"That said, the second source believes it will take a huge haul to pry Britton away from the Orioles, who may choose to keep Britton for themselves or possibly shop him in the offseason."

and it should ....If the Orioles can't get it they should trade him. If anybody thought the Orioles would just dump for trash they are a Flippin' idiot.

The Dodgers make plenty of sense, They are going for it all and they have a loaded system that they can afford to trade some away

"Although Chicago dealt its top two prospects to the White Sox in the Jose Quintana trade, the club still has some desirable players in the system. Third baseman Jeimer Candelario is ranked No. 81 in the MLB Pipeline Top 100"

Can't see why the Orioles would want Cendelario! He is probably only worthy of being the 2nd or 3rd piece in the deal. He has limited power by looking at his homerun totals (15 most in any year). I think we can easily get a top 25 guy for Britton! Why on earth would be take the #81 that as the main player?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/candeje01.shtml

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

"If they get an Andrew Miller-type deal, they'll trade him," the source said. "But that's probably what it's going to take."

And that is as it should be.

He's worth more than Miller or Chapman. Better resume than Miller and 1 more year of control than Chapman.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

and it should ....If the Orioles can't get it they should trade him. If anybody thought the Orioles would just dump for trash they are a Flippin' idiot.

The Dodgers make plenty of sense, They are going for it all and they have a loaded system that they can afford to trade some away

Can't see why the Orioles would want Cendelario! He is probably only worthy of being the 2nd or 3rd piece in the deal. He has limited power by looking at his homerun totals (15 most in any year). I think we can easily get a top 25 guy for Britton! Why on earth would be take the #81 that as the main player?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/candeje01.shtml

Yeah, that's clearly not enough to be the lead piece in a deal for Britton.   

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I think that extra year of control is why you move. The team can justify a high asking price because they are giving up the best closer for two playoff runs. 

You won't get any disagreement from me there. That extra control to me should increase his value because you have that extra year, unlike Chapman last season. Maybe it's my blinders as an Orioles fan but personally I think Britton is the better closer.

2 minutes ago, billw76 said:

You won't get any disagreement from me there. That extra control to me should increase his value because you have that extra year, unlike Chapman last season. Maybe it's my blinders as an Orioles fan but personally I think Britton is the better closer.

And if the Dodgers chose they could trade him in the offseason and recoup most of what they gave to get him, if not more. They have all the money resources in the world so you likely extend him.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Agreed. Roch said the most aggressive teams on Britton are Houston, Chicago, and LA. I can't see how the cubs have the pieces to outbid the other two. 

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Got it ...The cost is sky high and it should be! The Orioles need to get it or hang onto Zach until the offseason. I am betting that they wont need to do so. I think the Dodgers will come to their senses and realize that having two elite relievers will shorten games and improve their chances. Counting on Kershaw to start and then also be available is more of a risk than trading Buehler plus for Zach

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I'm guessing most teams are going to be pretty leery about giving up the elite packages being talked about here right now. Britton has been hurt most of the year and hasn't looked like his old self yet.

10 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

I'm guessing most teams are going to be pretty leery about giving up the elite packages being talked about here right now. Britton has been hurt most of the year and hasn't looked like his old self yet.

I know we're terrible, so I forgive you, but did you watch last night's game?  Britton is back.  

12 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

He looked exactly like his old self last night.

Archived