Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Cavspider said:

The Dodgers seem most willing to trade Alvarez and Calhoun from all that I have read.  They seem like the most questionable pieces moving forward too.

Alvarez has control problems and many scouts seem to doubt his ability to start and think at best he will be a power reliever.   I do not want this guy as a primary piece.  Seems unlikely to reach his potential.

Calhoun hits but has no glove.  We have enough DH types.

One of Mueller or Verdugo are a must to me. Brock Stewart or Dennis Santana as a second piece.  Fill out with Keibert Ruiz and Sborz and you have my attention.

Agree with everything you said about Alvarez and Calhoun. Buehler is a must for me, especially if Duquette is thinking about competing next year. If we get Brock Stewart too, I'll be ecstatic 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And if they go into next season with him?

My concern is if they don't trade him now they will effectively take him off the market during the offseason.

If they don't try dealing him this offseason than I would be equally concerned. With this pitching staff we aren't going anywhere unless we have guys in upper minors ready to help which we don't and will only get by dealing him and brach most likely.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Do folks think the owners approval of a limited sell off will continue into the offseason?

No, but I don't know their plan. If they plan to make Jones a career Oriole (wouldn't make loads of sense but I'd love to see him finish in Baltimore), pay up for Machado, etc. than I don't see why we wouldn't see what is out there. Going into 2018 offseason with Machado, Jones, Britton, Brach, etc. as FA's would be the most moronic thing that could ever happen.

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

I agree.  I don't see keeping Britton as the worst alternative here.  If the Orioles don't receive at least a Miller/Chapman offer, keeping him isn't a bad way to go, IMO.  Taking less in some type of panic-driven sell off would be a huge mistake.  I am far less concerned with when any possible trade takes place than what the return is.  If that means waiting until the off-season, that's OK by me.

I agree.     And by the way, he may not attract an offer like that.    Objectively, due to his injury he's a higher risk in terms of the final two months of 2017 than Chapman or Miller was.     

19 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Sergio Romo has been DFA by LAD.  This is a move needed to clear space in the bullpen.  Verdugo was also out of the lineup last night.  Buehler starts tonight.

Was Verdugo just a scheduled day off or? Who did they clear the pen spot for?

6 hours ago, Cavspider said:

The Dodgers seem most willing to trade Alvarez and Calhoun from all that I have read.  They seem like the most questionable pieces moving forward too.

Alvarez has control problems and many scouts seem to doubt his ability to start and think at best he will be a power reliever.   I do not want this guy as a primary piece.  Seems unlikely to reach his potential.

Calhoun hits but has no glove.  We have enough DH types.

One of Mueller or Verdugo are a must to me. Brock Stewart or Dennis Santana as a second piece.  Fill out with Keibert Ruiz and Sborz and you have my attention.

I've lobbied for

1) Beuhler

2) White

3) Heredia

4) one of May/Stewart/ Sborz/Sheffield 

So Buehler i#17 s their only prospect in their top 100 mid season on Baseball America in the trade.

Deal seems fair compared to Chapman/Miller plus a year of control.

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Anyone else find it odd that Buehler threw 29 pitches in his start and was pulled? I know he struggled but...

It's a little odd but feel like we're just reading too much into it.

19 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Anyone else find it odd that Buehler threw 29 pitches in his start and was pulled? I know he struggled but...

He is running out of innings this year.  So if they want him in September, they'll need to slow him down.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

He is running out of innings this year.  So if they want him in September, they'll need to slow him down.

And that would be considered a high stress inning.  Unless you believe in life lessons on the mound not a lot of reason to keep him out there.

Archived