Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see the O's make a trade with the Cubs and get Schwarber plus a decent prospect in return.  Schwarber is having a terrible year no doubt but I personally believe he still has a TON of upside.  The Cubs have a plethora of OFers so they could definitely spare him.  Anyone else agree or am I crazy as usual?

3 minutes ago, millertime said:

I would love to see the O's make a trade with the Cubs and get Schwarber plus a decent prospect in return.  Schwarber is having a terrible year no doubt but I personally believe he still has a TON of upside.  The Cubs have a plethora of OFers so they could definitely spare him.  Anyone else agree or am I crazy as usual?

Schwarber would be a nice get, but he's a negative in the field is the problem. Plays a below average LF, can't fit at C it doesn't sound like, etc.

If we think he can be ok in the field then sure, but would hate to have the main piece be a DH basically even though I really love the guys bat. We'll see.

Just now, ISU94 said:

Schwarber would be a nice get, but he's a negative in the field is the problem. Plays a below average LF, can't fit at C it doesn't sound like, etc.

If we think he can be ok in the field then sure, but would hate to have the main piece be a DH basically even though I really love the guys bat. We'll see.

I like him too but we already have Trumbo and Mancini to DH. If we trade for outfielders I'd like them to be able to play the outfield capably 

As others have said, we should be targeting starting pitchers and infielders (SS, 3B, 2B).  

But if the choice is between a more talented outfielder and less talented infielder/SP, give me the OF.  Talent finds a place to play.  

Seems like the Yankees paid a steep price.  Looks like they are going to try and have a deep pen and get by with average SP.  Who knows, they'll probably trade for Darvish or Verlander.  

The Tigers didn't seem like they got much back for JD Martinez, apparently he's a DH in RF unless he's playing the O's.   

The takeaway is probably that pitching is premium and so far we've really only seen top position prospects be used as trade chips and not top pitching prospects.  

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Seems like the Yankees paid a steep price.  Looks like they are going to try and have a deep pen and get by with average SP.  Who knows, they'll probably trade for Darvish or Verlander.  

The Tigers didn't seem like they got much back for JD Martinez, apparently he's a DH in RF unless he's playing the O's.   

The takeaway is probably that pitching is premium and so far we've really only seen top position prospects be used as trade chips and not top pitching prospects.  

Really? I thought to get Todd Frazier, a good RP in D-Rob, and Kahnle it wasn't bad at all.

Rutherford is awesome and Clarkin is very solid but not much else. They did end up taking on all the money from those contracts though, so that may be why the return wasn't that substatial for three major league pieces. I guess Frazier is hitting .208 this year too which doesn't help but BOS seemed to be interested too.

42 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I know it's popular to just assume that Kyle sucks in the OF and it has been since the 2015 NLCS where people decided based on 4 games that he sucks, but he's not near as bad as people like to make it out to be. Of all players who have had at least 150PAs while playing LF he is ranked 16th defensively of 38 qualifiers. Brett Gardner is 15th for example.

6 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Really? I thought to get Todd Frazier, a good RP in D-Rob, and Kahnle it wasn't bad at all.

Rutherford is awesome and Clarkin is very solid but not much else. They did end up taking on all the money from those contracts though, so that may be why the return wasn't that substatial for three major league pieces. I guess Frazier is hitting .208 this year too which doesn't help but BOS seemed to be interested too.

For an arm like Kahnle who is under control through 2020, I'm kind of disappointed in the return. I don't know if people are aware what a dominating force he has been this year.

2.50ERA 1.47FIP 1.63xFIP 15.00K/9 1.75BB/9

The guy has been an absolute monster.

Archived