vs. D-RAYS, 7/24

OFFNY

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, O's are Legends said:

MG has had 2 nice starts since coming off the DL, if he has one more who knows, haven't heard any whispers of his name in trade rumors but this time of year that can change quickly.

He is a guy that can be dealt after deadline. 

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

My heart says to me, keep Adam Jones an Orioles lifer.

My brain disagrees.

I think they keep him. He is still young enough that he can go to San Diego after his next deal if that is what he wants.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Stop spending on other vets. Also if that payroll is 160M this year what will it be by 2023? Not like they spend on starting pitching. Our young prospects are hitters, that helps with cost. 

And yes, ownership isn't hurting. 

Yeah, withought getting into the accounting weeds, Manny plus Scoop seem plausible....particularly if you assume we ain't spending on free agent pitching....or should stop the spending we have been doing.

Davis' contract is ugly, but it isnt all that crippling financial flexibility wise...at least in terms of "free agent" spending.

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

Yeah, withought getting into the accounting weeds, Manny plus Scoop seem plausible....particularly if you assume we ain't spending on free agent pitching....or should stop the spending we have been doing.

Davis' contract is ugly, but it isnt all that crippling financial flexibility wise...at least in terms of "free agent" spending.

I have always said they can't have it both ways. If you don't spend top tier starters the only other place is position players. Bullpens can be built cost effective. A bench should never cost much.  

Archived