vs. D-RAYS, 7/24

OFFNY

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Notes from the pregame radio show:

-- Jon Schoop is AL Player of the Week

-- Chris Davis is out of the lineup due to illness, though Buck won't rule out that he could appear (Buck would never publicly rule that out)

-- Ben McDonald gone, Michaud rode the shutle back to Norfolk.   It's Angel/Hunter on the radio.   But we got Jim on TV so all is well!

I thought I saw Ben say he is back next week.  

3 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

he's batting 300. I thought I would never see that from him.

3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Where did this Caleb come from? Snell thew the kitchen sink at him and Caleb brushed it all off.

“Just talking to (Coolbaugh) about putting the ball in play, refusing to give in and making an adjustment,” Joseph said. “About half of my hits have come with two strikes and that’s hard to do. Two strikes. I mean, two strikes is really tough in this league and if you can get over your ego and get over the fact that it may not look aesthetically pleasing to be choked up. It may look wimpy, but if you put the ball in play, you just never know what could happen.

“Look at (Friday) night. Put the ball in play and you hit it in the right spot, you get a hit. But it’s like that old basketball saying - you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. You’re going to strike out every time that you don’t make contact, period. So a huge concentrated effort on choking up, make an adjustment and trying to barrel the baseball with two strikes, and whatever happens happens.”

Roch

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Schoop's range is a concern at times but it is hard to measure the value in his arm.  

He's going to be the next guy we talk about trading or letting walk, because the team waits until their young players price themselves out of an extension.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

He's going to be the next guy we talk about trading or letting walk, because the team waits until their young players price themselves out of an extension.

No reason they can't afford him. I also think they can afford Manny but that is another topic. 

Archived