vs. D-RAYS, 7/24

OFFNY

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

“Just talking to (Coolbaugh) about putting the ball in play, refusing to give in and making an adjustment,” Joseph said. “About half of my hits have come with two strikes and that’s hard to do. Two strikes. I mean, two strikes is really tough in this league and if you can get over your ego and get over the fact that it may not look aesthetically pleasing to be choked up. It may look wimpy, but if you put the ball in play, you just never know what could happen.

“Look at (Friday) night. Put the ball in play and you hit it in the right spot, you get a hit. But it’s like that old basketball saying - you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. You’re going to strike out every time that you don’t make contact, period. So a huge concentrated effort on choking up, make an adjustment and trying to barrel the baseball with two strikes, and whatever happens happens.”

Roch

This should be required reading for all O's hitters.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Manny, Schoop, Davis + 22 guys?

I mean I suppose they could, but that would leave seriously put a crimp in the profits.

Stop spending on other vets. Also if that payroll is 160M this year what will it be by 2023? Not like they spend on starting pitching. Our young prospects are hitters, that helps with cost. 

And yes, ownership isn't hurting. 

Just now, O's are Legends said:

I wonder if our ol pal ice cold MG could be on the trade block, probably won't cost much and he just went 7.1 innings 1 run against the cubs today.

He would be a Joe Saunders type of deal like we made in 2012. A team can just hope he is good for a stretch. Joe was better in BMore in 2012 than Arizona. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

He would be a Joe Saunders type of deal like we made in 2012. A team can just hope he is good for a stretch. Joe was better in BMore in 2012 than Arizona. 

MG has had 2 nice starts since coming off the DL, if he has one more who knows, haven't heard any whispers of his name in trade rumors but this time of year that can change quickly.

Archived