BTB :Britton's low trade value could hurt O's chances of dealing him

Tony-OH

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Dravecky's arm literally snapped in half while he was throwing a pitch while attempting a comeback in 1989.

The same thing happened to Tom Browning of the Reds in 1994 (not cancer, but his arm literally snapping like a broken stick while he was throwing a pitch.)

o

Because the doctors froze the bone so that way the cancer wouldn't come back, but he pitched anyway. He nuked his career 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Because the doctors froze the bone so that way the cancer wouldn't come back, but he pitched anyway. He nuked his career 

He shouldn't have been pitching, no - but he didn't nuke his career. He got sick, which can happen to anybody. He lost his arm and shoulder two years later when the cancer came back.

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Dave Dravecky's arm literally snapped in half while he was throwing a pitch while attempting a comeback in 1989.

The same thing happened to Tom Browning of the Reds in 1994 (not cancer, but his arm literally snapping like a broken stick while he was throwing a pitch.)

o

Nearly had two perfect games. Good pitcher.

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

The fact that he has not yet appeared in back to back games, and the fact that his command has not been as sharp as usual, have surely reduced his attractiveness to other teams.  

I don't make anything out of the fact that Zach hasn't pitched back to back games.     The team hasn't gone into the late innings with a narrow lead very often since he's returned, and you don't pitch a guy on back to back days unless there's a reason to do it.

The command issue is a more serious reason why his market will be dampened.   

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't make anything out of the fact that Zach hasn't pitched back to back games.     The team hasn't gone into the late innings with a narrow lead very often since he's returned, and you don't pitch a guy on back to back days unless there's a reason to do it.

The command issue is a more serious reason why his market will be dampened.   

Totally wrong. Command can be corrected in time. Not being in back to back games following a long DL stint makes one fear an injury. Fear of Injury, not command, is what will dampen the market.

5 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

I responsed to a post saying Britton is getting hit hard, he isn't and I stand by that. The guy has been dominant for 3 seasons. We aren't talking about someone with a half of a year of success. 

Obviously any team is going to have to be convinced about his health. I also think that Houston and LAD would be more worried about down the road than right now. 

As mentioned throughout the thread, the best bet now is to hope he finishes the year out strong and we can trade him in the off season. After his last few outings nobody is giving up what we would want/need.

26 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I responsed to a post saying Britton is getting hit hard, he isn't and I stand by that. The guy has been dominant for 3 seasons. We aren't talking about someone with a half of a year of success. 

Obviously any team is going to have to be convinced about his health. I also think that Houston and LAD would be more worried about down the road than right now. 

So he isn't giving up less soft contact this year?

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So he isn't giving up less soft contact this year?

So you think he is being hit hard lately?  That is all I am saying. 

He is allowing a .364 average on groundballs, will that continue? 

Never said he was at last years performance. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

So you think he is being hit hard lately?  That is all I am saying. 

He is allowing a .364 average on groundballs, will that continue? 

Never said he was at last years performance. 

I think he is getting hit harder than he has in the past.

When Britton is right he induces tons of weak contact.  I'm not seeing that this year.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When Britton is right he induces tons of weak contact.  I'm not seeing that this year.

I have seen a ton of groundballs finding holes lately. I see 97 with sink. I don't see the great command. Him getting hit harder is relative. He is still a valuable arm. Still no homers allowed. 

At the end of the day will a team like LAD blink or not?  That team is desperate for a title. They have money and prospects. Nats have Harper. Murphy etc, Cubs with Rizzo. He would be very valuable in October. 

I think a team that hasn't wrapped up a spot in the playoffs yet would view him different. 

Who knows what we are being offered or not? Or if we are asking to for too much. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This will not necessarily settle this debate, but this is interesting. You may have seen it before. But it appears that we need to distinguish between "exit velocity" and balls that are actually "barreled up."

https://www.mlb.com/video/brittons-exit-velocity/c-1212882283

Archived