Trade Deadline Pool

DirtyBird

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a bit much as there are a lot of arbitrary things at play that are difficult to predict.

My top five in order of most likely to be traded are: 

1. Brach

2. Seth Smith

3. Britton 

4. Castillo

5. O'Day

Number of trades that actually happen? 3 sounds about right. Zero would not completely surprise me but would be a huge disappointment. 

42 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I'm guessing:

Tomorrow - Afternoon - Brach - Astros, Hector Perez - John Heyman

If all we get is Hector Perez out of Houston for one of the top relievers on the market and controlled another year rather cheap we are in big trouble.

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Make your picks on our first move:

Date:

Time (morning, afternoon, evening):

Orioles player(s) involved:

Players received:

First to break on twitter:

Date: 7/28

Time: Afternoon

Orioles players(involved):Brad Brach

Players received: Teoscar Hernandez and Colin Moran

First to Break on Twitter: Chris Cotillo

Just now, interloper said:

How is a young SP with good minor league numbers not enough for a 31 year old setup man?

Brach is one of the best RP's that isn't a closer on the market. Hector Perez is their #13 prospect. David Phelps got the Mariners #6 prospect, one in the teens, and one in the 20's and Phelps isn't as good as Brach. Brach can also close in a pinch if need be. 

Hector Perez has a good k rate and percentages but he also has 50 walks in 86 IP. That is a worry. 

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

Brach is one of the best RP's that isn't a closer on the market. Hector Perez is their #13 prospect. David Phelps got the Mariners #6 prospect, one in the teens, and one in the 20's and Phelps isn't as good as Brach. Brach can also close in a pinch if need be. 

Hector Perez has a good k rate and percentages but he also has 50 walks in 86 IP. That is a worry. 

You can't really compare different teams prospect based on that prospects "number" within each teams list of prospects. It's apples and oranges. I think if you get any young SP prospect for Brach, you've basically already won the trade. 

15 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

It's just a silly guess - nothing to take too serious. But, just because that is where the internet ranks prospects doesn't necessarily mean that is how scouts value them.

And, we have seen Brach close.

21 minutes ago, interloper said:

You can't really compare different teams prospect based on that prospects "number" within each teams list of prospects. It's apples and oranges. I think if you get any young SP prospect for Brach, you've basically already won the trade. 

Regardless, one solid prospect who has over 5 BB per 9 for Brach? Come on. The guy has potential and has some good stuff but if he can't hone in on his control the guy is destined for the bullpen.

Archived