Santander

OriolesMagic83

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I read someone who compared his swing to Victor Martinez's.

Not the quote I was looking for but here is Duquette on Santader from last December, following the Rule 5 draft: 

Duquette on Santander: He’s a disciple of Victor Martinez. If you see him play, he has a lot of Martinez’s mannerisms. He has a similar stance. Excellent young hitter. He was the best young player in the Carolina League...

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/12/dan-duquette-on-the-orioles-two-rule-5-selections.html

15 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I read someone who compared his swing to Victor Martinez's.

Here's the quote I was referring to:

(Santander) shows above average power with the potential to be more as he continues to mature and add strength to his frame and also refines his approach so he can get to his power more consistently. He attacks the baseball from both sides of the plate well with some quick wrists and good bat speed, but is also a well-rounded hitter who shows a feel for hitting and the ability to control the bat through the zone. He has an advanced, fundamental swing that is clean and well developed for his age, and has a load and leg kick that is similar to former Indian Victor Martinez.  --Tony Lastoria, Indians Baseball Insider