vs. ROYALS, 8/02

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, allquixotic said:

The rainbow over the warehouse.... you know what, I’ll be superstitious tonight. It’s a sign. The 2016 Orioles will play after the end of the regular season. Book it.

They did.   For 11 innings.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

I suppose you are referring to the quote “He has a chip on his shoulder,” and “Sometimes he doesn’t give interviews” as his less desirable traits. All of the Rays leaders, Archer, Longoria, Morrison wanted Beck to stay in Tampa. Sometimes its not the player with the problem, but the organization.

I'm a guy who thinks talk of character issues are often overblown, and I think this is the case with Beckham as well.  I think it's fair to say he don't get along with his previous employer and that's something that could improve in a better environment.

15 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I love how much Palmer loves the team. They should double his salary to make up for past wages!

They should put up a statue of the guy right there at the ballpark. Oh, wait. . .

NYYs strand a runner, don't score in the eighth. 2-0 Tigers.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

I'm a guy who thinks talk of character issues are often overblown, and I think this is the case with Beckham as well.  I think it's fair to say he don't get along with his previous employer and that's something that could improve in a better environment.

I definitely think he rubbed Topkin/Cash the wrong way and was traded. I know the players loved him, the reporters, not so much. Hopefully, he'll fit in.

Archived