This feels disturbingly like the Twins series of 2015

glenn__davis

Just now, Frobby said:

Frankly, I was more optimistic at that point in 2015 than I am now.  

The 2015 rotation had Wei-Yin Chen and an (almost) good Ubaldo. It was much easier to watch.

Even Chris Tillman's then-career-worst 4.99 ERA would have been a step up...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That damn series.  I remember they lost the last game in extra innings because they ran out of infielders after JJ Hardy hurt himself legging out a double.  Jimmy Paredes had to play 3B and Manny had to slide over to SS.  Both of them made errors in the top of the 12th that led to the winning run. 

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

That damn series.  I remember they lost the last game in extra innings because they ran out of infielders after JJ Hardy hurt himself legging out a double.  Jimmy Paredes had to play 3B and Manny had to slide over to SS.  Both of them made errors in the top of the 12th that led to the winning run. 

I remember there was a picture of Paredes trying to field that ball, and he was actually flinching away from it.  If you didn't have enough evidence that he couldn't field before, that picture was worth a thousand words.

Hey, I'm not saying the O's are doomed to repeat history, I'm just saying there's a lot of similarities between the 2 series.  I do agree with Frobby that I'm not nearly as optimistic about this team as I was about the 2015 team, and I don't have much hope that we'll go on a serious WC run.  But it's baseball - youneverknow.

I think Gausman's start tonight is HUGE. I know you can't measure this, but it is so deflating to get down anywhere from 4 to 7-0 to start a ball game. That's what's been happening to us most of the year besides this past week (sans Tillman). "Momentum is your next day's starting pitcher".

Gaus has a chance to keep the momentum going and keep us right near .500. Offense is in a great place right now and put up a good fight yesterday (had some unlucky outs). This is an important regular season game.

Just now, Lucky_13 said:

Got to get these next two or you might be right. But please for the love of god get an actual right handed bat to platoon with Smith. Rickard is awful at the plate at the moment

Alvarez or Santander needs to be on the team with the Trumbo injury.  You cannot play Rickard and Gentry and expect your offense to be productive. 

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Got to get these next two or you might be right. But please for the love of god get an actual right handed bat to platoon with Smith. Rickard is awful at the plate at the moment

Buck is going for defense with Trumbo out.Be funny if Tigers who gave up for the year have a better record when they leave Baltimore. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Alvarez or Santander needs to be on the team with the Trumbo injury.  You cannot play Rickard and Gentry and expect your offense to be productive. 

There has to be a player in single A that is better than Gentry. I'm sure they'll hustle just as hard too. 

Just now, Going Underground said:

Buck is going for defense with Trumbo out.Be funny if Tigers who gave up for the year have a better record when they leave Baltimore. 

When things go bad for this team, they go very bad. I fully expect Ubaldo and Miley to be atrocious and get pounded both nights. We will be swept. 

Archived