Toronto - trap series

Frobby

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Something tells me that this upcoming Toronto series is going to be hard fought.    We've dominated the Blue Jays this year (9-3), and they're playing lousy baseball right now (2-10) while we're on our longest winning streak of the season and playing at home, where we play our best baseball.   This feels like a perfect "trap" series where we seem set up to dominate and instead go flat.    I'm taking nothing at all for granted in these games.     

Maybe so Frobby. But they are playing in Baltimore. That should help them. I hope so anyway. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I can't believe Buck is running Tillman out there again.  Its not 2012-2015.  I would have more trust in one of our AAA non prospects pitching a good game. 

Who is he supposed to run out there? Seems the team is kind of stuck with Tilman and Ubaldo. That's why I hoped DD would trade for Miggy. 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I can't believe Buck is running Tillman out there again.  Its not 2012-2015.  I would have more trust in one of our AAA non prospects pitching a good game. 

It is mindboggling, isn't it? As bad as Ubaldo has been, the Orioles are 11-11 in his starts this year. In Tillman's starts, the Orioles are 6-11. Unless the offense hits out of their mind like they did on Monday, Tillman gives the team very little chance to win. What reasoning does Buck have to keep giving Tillman starts? If Buck wants to give starters an extra day's rest, they would be better off with Castro or Asher making the starts. 

7 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

It is mindboggling, isn't it? As bad as Ubaldo has been, the Orioles are 11-11 in his starts this year. In Tillman's starts, the Orioles are 6-11. Unless the offense hits out of their mind like they did on Monday, Tillman gives the team very little chance to win. What reasoning does Buck have to keep giving Tillman starts? If Buck wants to give starters an extra day's rest, they would be better off with Castro or Asher making the starts. 

They have a combined ERA of about 15. What other playoff-hunting team is throwing out a duo this bad to start games down the stretch? It's bananas.

Estrada is always tough on us, similar to Erasmus Ramirez. Would love to get to their BP by the 6th and do work there but we need Helly to keep us in it thru 5-6, then hopefully we can seal up a victory late. 

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Good answer "two-fisted, beer -guzzling" Steve*!  Are you going to the Yanks series?  I'd love to buy you two craft beers if so (I'll be there 9/6 and 7).

*NB - reference is to an OH night when Roy was hawking his book (which I bought) and you were carrying two beers (wearing a decades old O's cap) and I was amazed!  :D

Bob, I don't think so... I have plans Labor Day and then two fantasy football drafts the next two nights.

Enjoy the games!

(I had two beers because I had bought one for my friend who was on the way but hadn't gotten there yet when I ran into you!   I usually drink one at a time)

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Bob, I don't think so... I have plans Labor Day and then two fantasy football drafts the next two nights.

Enjoy the games!

(I had two beers because I had bought one for my friend who was on the way but hadn't gotten there yet when I ran into you!   I usually drink one at a time)

I remember you used that excuse the last time I mentioned it - so points for that!  Anyway, that's the memory I retain for you in my ever-shrinking grey matter (beer infused losses, I fear).

21034311_10213857427540448_4494789364174

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

Who is he supposed to run out there? Seems the team is kind of stuck with Tilman and Ubaldo. That's why I hoped DD would trade for Miggy. 

Castro. Asher. One of them for 3 innings and then Bleier for 3 innings.  Or Castro for 3 and then Tillman or Ubaldo for 3. Start Ubaldo or Tillman but tell him he's only going 3 innings.

Even if doesn't work, try something new. 

10 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Castro. Asher. One of them for 3 innings and then Bleier for 3 innings.  Or Castro for 3 and then Tillman or Ubaldo for 3. Start Ubaldo or Tillman but tell him he's only going 3 innings.

Even if doesn't work, try something new. 

Tyler Wilson is an upgrade to either one of them in my opinion. Hell, Wilson Phillips is an upgrade to either one of them.

10 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Tyler Wilson is an upgrade to either one of them in my opinion. Hell, Wilson Phillips is an upgrade to either one of them.

Well, we managed to get past that part of our rotation without losing a game this time around.    It kind of reminds me of when you're playing Monopoly and the other guy has hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place and somehow you manage to land on Go.

Archived