Rooting for the Nats because it probably pisses off Angelos

interloper

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

What else do you see them doing. They kept Britton when logic said he should be traded last offseason. Its a little late to start selling. 

There  are a lot of decisions to be made about, for example, Britton, Machado,  Tillman, Trumbo, maybe even Davis, acquiring starting pitchers, and bringing up guys from the minors. I don't have any reason to believe that any decisions in which the owner is involved will be good ones. But having him envious of the Nats and angry about his team's inability to match their success can only make things worse, IMO. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rooting for the Nats tonight.  I never particularly liked them, but I figure it's their time.  The Cubs had their time last year.  Give the Nats fans a taste.  They have a really good team and would be a fun watch in the World Series.

I don't see the Nats winning or losing in the postseason as having any significant effect on the O's decisions or prospects over the next couple of years.

9 hours ago, interloper said:

I don't like the Nats. But I hope they win the World Series and Angelos gets to take a good long look at what a real pitching staff is.

Not that it would change the way he operates or anything, and the Nats are plenty dysfunctional themselves. But, hey, I'm in favor of anything that could potentially motivate the Orioles to actually have a non-Orioles offseason.

Pretty sure Angelos laughed himself to sleep tonight.

11 hours ago, interloper said:

I don't like the Nationals. But I hope they win the World Series and Angelos gets to take a good long look at what a real pitching staff is.

Not that it would change the way he operates or anything, and the Nationals are plenty dysfunctional themselves. But hey, I'm in favor of anything that could potentially motivate the Orioles to actually have a non-Orioles offseason.

2 hours ago, Malike said:

Pretty sure Angelos laughed himself to sleep tonight.

o

His wife woke him up to tell him that the Nationals lost.

o

10 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Wieters worth  -0.2 WAR this season.  Both Francisco Pena and Chance Sisco in their 5 and 10 games respectively each provided more value than Wieters did over 123 games.

A passed ball on a swinging third strike, compounded by a throwing error trying to get the runner at first (while the runner from third scores), and later in the same inning a catchers interference.

Look for the Nats to DFA or otherwise dump Wieters this offseason, and I can just here Buck calling DD telling him to offer Wieters a contract, erasing one of the few good decisions that DD has made in the last 5 years

The Nats were 78-35 when Wieters started, 19-27 when he didn't, so I doubt they'll DFA him and eat $12 mm.    I'm not saying he's the reason they won when he played, just that he didn't materially hurt them so I doubt they'll eat his contract.   

That said, I didn't see the inning where Wieters had his defensive miscues.    The Nats could play "what if" with this game for the next 25 years.    So many of the Cubs' runs scored on fluky plays, and then Lobaton gets picked off after a lengthy replay review to kill a rally when Davis looked to be falling apart.    I'm glad I'm not a die-hard Nats fan; that's a tough loss to live down.   

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

A passed ball on a swinging third strike, compounded by a throwing error trying to get the runner at first (while the runner from third scores), and later in the same inning a catchers interference.

Look for the Nats to DFA or otherwise dump Wieters this offseason, and I can just here Buck calling DD telling him to offer Wieters a contract, erasing one of the few good decisions that DD has made in the last 5 years

I will give you creative kudos for turning a Washington National loss to a Buck and Dan future failure.  LOL

Archived