Wilkerson can help as the Utility Infielder

Roll Tide

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, bobmc said:

"Flash" ing leather!

o

I remember "Super" John Williamson, when he played for the Nets in the ABA (and also after the merger with the NBA.)

He finished his career with the Bullets, in the 1980-81 season.

Image result for Super John Williamson

o

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This play is easily the team highlight of the 2018 season (so far).

Agreed, certainly the highlight in terms of pure athleticism.

The Yankees series with Caleb to Givens was pretty awesome along with Santander's HR/Brach to Caleb to Beckham DP game. Back when we were only 2 games under .500.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This is off topic, but since you brought it up...how 'bout that cold-blooded move by the Sixers? Drafting the son of their head of HR...then trading him! Wow. 

I didn’t even see they traded them...wow. I was too busy staring at Maria Taylor:)

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

One great play, one poor one tonight.   

47 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Yeah well, a lot of guys can make the bad one, even Brooks, Wilkerson's the only one I ever saw make the good one.

I was at the game so didn't see a replay, but did he not react quick enough or did he just drop it/miss it?

Also, the Orioles side of the stadium gave him a giant standing ovation after the diving play.

5 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Yeah well, a lot of guys can make the bad one, even Brooks, Wilkerson's the only one I ever saw make the good one.

Wow, you thought it was the best play you’ve ever seen at 3B?   It was a great play, but I wouldn’t go that far.    I was at the game, so I only saw one replay.     I guess maybe I’d better go watch the highlights.   

8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Was watching NBA draft, wow-that’s impressive! 

Huerter is about to light up Atlanta. 

“Super” human play like Wilkerson. It’s almost like he still has PEDs running through his veins. Does that wear off after only 50 games?  Did he lose his steroid gains from the gym?  Not that I care, let em all use. 

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Wilkerson will certainly have his hands full in his career Major League Debut (as a starter) tonight, going up against arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball.

Maxwell M. Scherzer - RHP ) (10-3, 2.06 ERA) ) *

*  )) Leads the Major Leagues in[/FONT] Strikeouts (152), Strikeouts-Per-9 Innings (13.589), CG-Shutouts (1), and FIP (1.94), and Leads the National League in Wins (10), Complete Games (1), Innings Pitched (100.67), WHIP (0.844), and Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (6.609)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

o

The kid appeared to be anything but awestruck by the task that he was handed.

In his 2nd plate appearance against Scherzer, he he had a 7-pitch plate appearance Groundout.

In his 3rd plate appearance against Scherzer, he fell behind in the count to 0-2 ........ and eventually drew an 8-pitch Walk.

3 plate appearances against Scherzer, 0 Strikeouts (against one of the biggest Strikeout pitchers in all of baseball),  and he battled Scherzer well in 2 of said plate appearances.

o

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wow, you thought it was the best play you’ve ever seen at 3B?   It was a great play, but I wouldn’t go that far.    I was at the game, so I only saw one replay.     I guess maybe I’d better go watch the highlights.   

I never saw someone someone make that play ; the dive, the reaction to the high bounce, plus the throw from foul territory. I've seen all three separately, but not in the same play.

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Huerter is about to light up Atlanta. 

“Super” human play like Wilkerson. It’s almost like he still has PEDs running through his veins. Does that wear off after only 50 games?  Did he lose his steroid gains from the gym?  Not that I care, let em all use. 

They were amphetamines, I believe, weren't they?

Yes, technically a PED.   But not steroids.

Archived