Fanfest

Going Underground

3 minutes ago, cimota said:

Well I think it is up to individual fans to decide whether it is their business or not.  Who are you to tell anyone whether it is their business or not?  If they support the team buying season tickets part of the deal is you get tickets to fan feast where the teams best players are supposed to attend. 

Chris Davis had twin daughters and that was announced.  Perfectly acceptable reason to miss fan feast.  Britton who is getting paid over 10 million a year and won't even be playing for the team and he can't explain why he won't be at fan feast? Not acceptable. Unless Machado has been traded he needs to explain why he isnt' there as well. We pay their salaries.   

I think it will hurt the organization. The reason fans want to go to Fan Fest is to see the top players on the O's. If it was understood they were gonna be there and fans bought tickets then the day before the event two top stars pull out. With a for personal reasons so and so won't be there? I think that has to be embarrassing. Piss poor way to treat fans. Fans pay the salaries of these pampered athletes. Some fans will be really pissed off. Some fans may not find out till they get to the Fest. Not everyone reads a paper or Orioles Hangout. Just another mark against the O's Organization. IMO 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I think it will hurt the organization. The reason fans want to go to Fan Fest is to see the top players on the O's. If it was understood they were gonna be there and fans bought tickets then the day before the event two top stars pull out. With a for personal reasons so and so won't be there? I think that has to be embarrassing. Piss poor way to treat fans. Fans pay the salaries of these pampered athletes. Some fans will be really pissed off. Some fans may not find out till they get to the Fest. Not everyone reads a paper or Orioles Hangout. Just another mark against the O's Organization. IMO 

They need to put it on their website right now . They have a link to buy Fanfest tickets.

6 minutes ago, cimota said:

I think this just hurts Manny in free agency. With all his fights on the field and twice he has missed fan feast. No way if I was a GM would I sign him to long term contract. He is just going to be a big problem for whomever ends up with him. 

This exactly...why would you potentially spend $300 million on a grown man acting like a baby? Sure, he is a terrific baseball player but when making such an enormous investment in someone the club will look at the whole package. He has making a habit out of having tantrums. I tell my 3 yr old to go sit on the steps when he acts like this. Maybe they should try that with Manny.

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Adam Jones just tweeted this:

Just decided to back out of fanfest tomorrow. Sorry. Something came up !!!!!!

My last tweet was pure Fake News see y’all tails tomorrow

Good lord, I just saw the first one and jumped on here.

I still can't print most of my vouchers.  Called the Orioles, and they are aware of it.  He said to try and go back into the original email from the 17th and print from that, OR....keep your eye on another email that he thinks should be out sometime in the next hour or so.

What. A. Trainwreck.

35 minutes ago, cimota said:

Britton who is getting paid over 10 million a year and won't even be playing for the team and he can't explain why he won't be at fan feast? Not acceptable.

Britton was excused due to his injury, recent surgery, and recovery/rehab. That was announced a while ago. That's acceptable.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Please. They have a legit reason, particularly Schoop. 

It IS a lot to ask. You are not OWED this appearance as a fan. These are HUMANS with LIVES. Their employers are often incompetent. 

Fans and kids should not have an expectation that players are made available to them face-to-face every year. It's a privilege if it happens, not a responsibility of the player. Take your kids to the game. Don't value autographs. 

Its one day that they know about weeks in advance.

It isn't a lot to ask for these guys to clear one day off of their offseason schedule.

At the very least pull out before the announcement saying that you will be there.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

That's all fair. Hey, it sucks. It's on the Orioles though, not the player. I have a hard time believing that if the Orioles projected an atmosphere of competence, operations that were anywhere near being portrayed as player-friendly (even just outwardly/optically), open communication, aggressively doing its best to show both players and fans that they intend to win, etc., that more often than not, they'd avoid situations like this.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. The face of the franchise is openly mocking the organization on Twitter. Whether or not you agree with that, that's the situation they've created for themselves. It's not the situation the players have created for the organization or the fans.

No it isn't.

If my boss wants me to be somewhere on what is normally an off day, and they have a good reason and they tell me weeks in advance it is on me if I blow them off.  Doesn't make a difference if I am annoyed with them about something else or not.  It is a reasonable request made well in advance and is a regular event.

Archived