Fanfest

Going Underground

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Please. They have a legit reason, particularly Schoop. 

It IS a lot to ask. You are not OWED this appearance as a fan. These are HUMANS with LIVES. Their employers are often incompetent. 

Fans and kids should not have an expectation that players are made available to them face-to-face every year. It's a privilege if it happens, not a responsibility of the player. Take your kids to the game. Don't value autographs. 

What is Schoop's reason?  I may have missed it.

It's not a lot to ask at all.  It's 1 day of the year, that they know of well in advance.  Coming up for 1 day to pretend like the fans matter to them isn't going to impact their lives.  Give me a break.  I fully get the baseball is a business.  I fully get that there are other things going on behind the scenes and maybe they're upset at that (or maybe not), and that's all fine.  I don't care about autographs at all.  But if I were taking my kids, and they'd been looking forward to this all winter, I'd be pretty upset for them to pull out at the last minute.  Just, for 1 day, act like the fans are important.  I don't care about their relationship with the Orioles.  This event is supposed to be for the fans.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm willing to bet it was, and the O's withheld that information for either incompetence or to hope fans who already bought tickets don't see the news. 

Would that be surprising to you?

No.  It wouldn't surprise me.  Neither scenario would....whether it was them or the O's.

Just now, glenn__davis said:

What is Schoop's reason?  I may have missed it.

It's not a lot to ask at all.  It's 1 day of the year, that they know of well in advance.  Coming up for 1 day to pretend like the fans matter to them isn't going to impact their lives.  Give me a break.  I fully get the baseball is a business.  I fully get that there are other things going on behind the scenes and maybe they're upset at that (or maybe not), and that's all fine.  I don't care about autographs at all.  But if I were taking my kids, and they'd been looking forward to this all winter, I'd be pretty upset for them to pull out at the last minute.  Just, for 1 day, act like the fans are important.

Schoop is currently not under contract as an Oriole. He has no salary for this upcoming season. 

I respectfully disagree with your second paragraph, but don't want to get into an online scrum or anything. I understand it upsets some fans when this happens. I would say in this case, the blame lies IN FULL upon the Orioles front office, not the players themselves. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Schoop was likely going to come if the O's pulled their heads out of their ass and paid their most productive player of 2017 and perhaps the years to come. Instead they are dicking around with a million here or there and as a result, he's not under contract. 

Didn't he make millions last year?  Is his contract the fault of the fans? 

I think you have it backwards who has their head up their ass.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Schoop is currently not under contract as an Oriole. He has no salary for this upcoming season. 

I respectfully disagree with your second paragraph, but don't want to get into an online scrum or anything. I understand it upsets some fans when this happens. I would say in this case, the blame lies IN FULL upon the Orioles front office, not the players themselves. 

That's fine, I'm trying to be respectful as well, honestly I'm just pretty irritated at this and I'm not even going to Fanfest.

We don't even know that any beef with the Orioles is the reason why they're not coming, but let's just assume for the time that it is.  If so - regardless of whether they "should" feel that way or not - using FanFest as a way to make a statement to the Orioles is a really crummy thing to do.  The fans have nothing to do with any of that.

I'm not sure if I'd be more bothered if they were trying to make a point to the Orioles or if they just didn't care.I sincerely hope that they both have real, actual pressing matters that they need to attend to miss this.

3 minutes ago, oldfan said:

Manny is gone, offer Schoop 6years at 100 mil, if that doesn't fly, call Cashman. Send both of them to NY for Torres, Florial, Sheffield, Adams, Andujar and one more arm for sure.

So you want to just give up on the next decade or so?  Scary scary young lineup that leaves the Yankees with.

For fans south of Baltimore hon, foxfield will entertain fans down on the farm in the thriving metropolis of Burkeville, VA.  

Among items scheduled for 2018 Fanfest:

(No vouchers necessary, but charges are pending)

Pin the tail on the donkey (His name is Pete)

Pet the Hogs (Joe Jacoby committed but Jeff Bostic is not.  Russ Grimm unfortunately shipped out Thursday, but good news...Fresh Sausage is right around the corner!!!)

Feed the chickens (Led by Cal Chicken Jr with his best pal Billy Goat)

The two cows on tap for the festivities are Eddie and Brooks.   Both are tremendous but one of them isn't as friendly until you get to know em, the other will treat you like you've been friends for life.

Finally have your picture taken with Zack our lovable German Shepard.  His job is always to protect the things we love.

(PS: Due to current conditions we do require you to bring your own kool-aid.  We have plenty of alcohol though)

Archived