Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw that Darvish would like to go back to the Dodgers and they have been shopping some of their players including Ryu in order to get under the luxury tax so they can sign Darvish. Ryu is set to make $7M this year I believe. Wonder what it would take to get him and if the O’s are even interested.

23 minutes ago, weams said:

Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale)
How popular are the #Yankees these days with the acquisition of Giancarlo Stanton? They have already sold about 550,000 more tickets than a year ago at this time

I'm sure a lot of that is Judge, the seven game improvement in the standings, and the playoff appearence.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:29 PM, janderson1622 said:

Just saw that Darvish would like to go back to the Dodgers and they have been shopping some of their players including Ryu in order to get under the luxury tax so they can sign Darvish. Ryu is set to make $7M this year I believe. Wonder what it would take to get him and if the O’s are even interested.

He's a lefty, solid, and not expensive. Would make a lot of sense for the O's - and I'm imagine it wouldn't cost much to get him if the Dodgers are just trying to move salary.

I think they'll at least try a bit more to move Kemp - but I have no idea who will actually take them up on that.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure a lot of that is Judge, the seven game improvement in the standings, and the playoff appearence.

I agree.     The fans who can’t support a team that “only” wins 85-88 games are back on the bandwagon now.  

23 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would guess a chunk of it reflects the fact that corporations (from the corporate tax cut) and financial services firms (from the rising stock market) have lots of money to spend.

Archived