File and Trial Arbitrations?

weams

1 minute ago, alaniee said:

I like Manny over Josh.

In the future, yes.   But Josh has been a beast the last 4-5 years, and better than Manny.   So for a one-year arbitration, Josh gets more.    Also, this is his 4th year of arbitration as he has nearly 6 years of service.    That matters a lot.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Donaldson will have a great year. I believe he's on the decline for some reason. Just my gut feeling, I don't see him having the beast years he had a few years ago. He's been injured and for some reason I feel that will continue. Who knows, he will go on to have a beast year! Hope not though...

Manny on the other hand, I am confident he will continue to put up the same numbers he usually does. 150+ hits, 30+ HR, close to 100 RBIs

Really wish a miracle would happen and we could sign Manny to a long term contract. highly doubtful as we all know but who knows. We can only hope! At the same time, no player in my opinion will ever be worth a 300+ million contract.

6 minutes ago, alaniee said:

I doubt Donaldson will have a great year. I believe he's on the decline for some reason. Just my gut feeling, I don't see him having the beast years he had a few years ago. He's been injured and for some reason I feel that will continue. Who knows, he will go on to have a beast year! Hope not though...

Manny on the other hand, I am confident he will continue to put up the same numbers he usually does. 150+ hits, 30+ HR, close to 100 RBIs

Really wish a miracle would happen and we could sign Manny to a long term contract. highly doubtful as we all know but who knows. We can only hope! At the same time, no player in my opinion will ever be worth a 300+ million contract.

A few years ago? He was a beast just last season. He was a 5 win player, slashed .270/.385/.559 for a 149 wRC+, and hit 33 homers in only 113 games.

Comparatively, Manny was worth ~3 wins, slashed .259/.310/.471 for a 102 wRC+, and also hit 33 homers in 156 games.

7 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

A few years ago? He was a beast just last season. He was a 5 win player, slashed .270/.385/.559 for a 149 wRC+, and hit 33 homers in only 113 games.

Comparatively, Manny was worth ~3 wins, slashed .259/.310/.471 for a 102 wRC+, and also hit 33 homers in 156 games.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wonder if Caleb is going to want to go for round two after losing last year?

I thought MLBTR's $1.4 mm estimate for him was very low.   

Optimistic spin of the hour: we haven't heard about Schoop and Gausman because the O's are wrapping up longer-term deals for each of them. 

Archived